HybridZ

Another coilover alternative for datsuns

I just ordered from this guy, he sounds like he knows his stuff and i talked to him for a while. Its a 2.04 ID sleeve(240z is 2.02) and he says it fits over the stock struts. It comes complete as a set of 4 and even comes with a new flange to weld onto the strut if you grind off the stock one and want to move your mounting flage lower. Comes with springs, sleeve, nut, top mounts, flange, o ring to take up movement, etc...for $280, much cheaper then some other places, and you pick any spring length/rate you want

I just ordered 10" springs with 200f/225r rates

uses stock top hats as well:

8e_1.JPG

competition might wake a few up ....anyone know an alternate source for frront disc spacers for the Toyota 4x4 brake conversion since my emails are never answered going north. here is a thread and source on the 2.170 280 Z adustable coilover sleeve for us real do it yourself members http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106959

competition might wake a few up ....anyone know an alternate[/u'] source for frront disc spacers for the Toyota 4x4 brake conversion since my emails are never answered going north. here is a thread and source on the 2.170 280 Z adustable coilover sleeve for us real do it yourself members

The same guy that sell those coilovers also sell spacers in many thiknesses. He is often on Ebay, very helpful guy too. Competition is good for consumers.

m

From the auction it looks to be complete. I am finally going to go coilovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!!!!!!

hmmm...me thinks its also only for a pair, kinda tricky, since it does say pair but seems to be a kit...If its only a pair, im gonna pass. Thats like $560 for a set of springs and sleeves, not a good deal

It is for the pair I just emailed him on the subject. It is much easier to put together your own and save a few dollars. Here is his reply...

"Hello there, that is for a pair of....either for front or rear not both....and yes I have two coilover kits one for the street struts and one for the race version.....this contains the threaded colars two adjusters, and springs....and you can use them for front or back....thanks Paul"

I've been looking at different coil over options the last few months, and they all seem to use a set screw to keep the lower perch from moving around.

Does any one make a set up like this one?

coilover.jpg

This set up looks a lot easier to set, and keep the perch located with out damageing the treads on the tube.

The Ground Control unit and I think the MM unit use a pinch bolt which tightens the ID of the nut onto the threads to keep it from moving. The double nut style you show there is also popular.

I got the OLD GC units which had a bolt that screwed straight into the threads. Didn't like that, so I didn't use it. Never had a problem with the spring perches moving on me. I used to autox monthly, so I'd go, drop the car down, race, then raise the perches back up. This part isn't really important other than to show that I checked the ride height a whole bunch of times and it never ever moved.