HybridZ

Dont see one of these everday... PICS!!

Guest ON3GO

its been sitting at my work/shop for over 2 years now.

i so want it lol.

Turbo Corvair Monza Syper anybody!

this is a collectors wet dream for this type of car, dash is uncracked, its all there just needs work, engine runs awesome if it had a charge, top just got ripped when a storm passed threw and a tree branch fell on it.

also for u hybridz chevy guys, some parts on this car would make a nice touch on ur Z's. the mirrors! and the turbo changed emblem for a turbo V8 Z!

849_p103083.jpg

849_p103084.jpg

849_p103085.jpg

849_p103086.jpg

849_p103087.jpg

849_p103088.jpg

849_p103089.jpg

and you never see these.

1954 all org Jag :)

849_p103090.jpg

didnt have time to get more pics of it but man it was soooo nice!!! sounded insane!

Mike

Corvair appears to be a pre 1965 with the 150 HP engine, 1965 and up had a turbocharged engine rated at 180 HP and a 4 carb engine at 140 HP. The pre 1965 Corvairs had a rear susspension where the rear tire would tuck in going around a corner very fast and woud not re-align itself causing many accidents. Ralph Nader came to the public's attention with a "scandle book" called "Unsafe At Any Speed" directed at the Corvairs faulty rear suspension and other problems reported in accurately. A simple leaf spring attached to the rear axles called a camber compensator (also camber compensators were used on VW bugs) cured the wheels from tucking under and sold for $50.00. !965 and later Corvairs had improved suspensions and the rear stability problem was solved. The Corvair's rear suspension defect was Ralph Nader's spring board into politics and gave him a living. The engine suffered from plugged over long emission lines. The lines would become plugged which would push oil out the dip stick and the oil would hit the fan spreading the goo over the air cooled cylinders which caused iver heating and engine failure. By 1969 due to Nader's attack GM could not give away the last models which were as rare as hen's teeth. I had a roomate at college that had an identical Corvair as pictured. Seems that most turbos were black or white. Yenko made a few hot rods out of the 65+ models and they handled great. My interest in the Corvair was for hybrid VW's and if Scotty GNZ will chime in...........he has forgot more than I know about Corvairs.

In my youth I had a girlfriend that bought a 140hp Corsa. It was an awesome little car. it wqould pull real hard, but at about 80 mph the darn thing would get real light on the front end. What a thrill ride in a car that was naturally heavy at the back. It was a great little car otherwise, and on a good day would tear a new a$$ on a 250 hp 327 Impalla.

Guest chevy280z

off the subject dan juday, im building a 78 280 and need new quarter panels, can you buy ones like yours or did you custom build them, where can i get a set?

We put a Corviar engine in a VW van. It was fun while it lasted, it could get the front wheels of the ground, but with insanely low gears and inability to rap still could just manage to hold 70mph. The speed limit was only 55mph then. Yes that belt did give us some problems. Any one remember the mid engine V-8 hybrid Coviar. I always wanted to find an automatic transaxle to make a VW drag racer. Thanks for posting that, sure brings back some memories. Chuck