HybridZ

Long nose R200 LSD 3:9 out of Skyline

RB26powered74zcar

I just received this LSD I bought off a JDM parts seller on Ebay. Its a long nose R200 with a 39:10 r&p. It came out of a 83 DR30 Skyline with the FJ20 motor.

Has any1 had any experince with one of these? It looks to be a clutch LSD and not a viscious. It came with some strange input shafts in it, but they look to be a normal spline like the ujointed stubs....

Whata ya think??

dr30skylinelsd00010nz.th.jpg

dr30skylinelsd00023uj.th.jpg

[/url]dr30skylinelsd00047hk.th.jpg

The input shafts look like the 280zxt. The cv's look like the tri-pod arrangement. They look like they will fit. The teeth seem to be in good shape. I can't tell the LSD portion from the photots though. Great find. How much did it cost you?

I picked it up for $149. I checked the back lash on it and its at .006. Will that be ok?

Right now with the diff drained of all gear oil, it feels like alot more than the .006 I measured. I can hold the nose/driveshaft flange, and move the r&p back and forth, and it makes a pretty good clanking sound from the backlash.

Will this amount make for a noisey diff on accel/decel?

What is the max backlash before you'd consider it to be to noisey?

No, I haven't ran either one of them. I know the 4:11 has aprox .004 B/L.

If it stays that way after the switch, I'll have a nice tight 4:11 lsd...

I also have:

2- R230 Z32TT vlsd's

2- R200 88ss 3:7 vlsd's

1- R200 89 3:7 clsd

1- R200 short nose 4:3 vlsd

1- R200 Z32 vlsd carrier

Can you tell I'm a ebay junkie... :mrgreen:

Having seen a few DR30 with FJ20 here in NZ, I can confirm that these are a clutch type (but you know that already from above answers), and again you now know the input shafts are the CV type, I can confirm 100% that they are the tri pod type like the 280zxt setup. There are also the same in the Nissan Laurels C31 which uses the same suspension setup/running gear (however no Laurel was fitted with a FJ20) as the R30 range of the same era. ie the L20 power Skyline is the same floor plan/suspension as the L20 powered laurel, like wise the L20et power cars etc. However I think the CLSD were only fitted to the DR30 standard so when looking for a CLSD long nose in the junk yards locally you have to look at a few to find the CLSD :)

• 1 month later...
Guest stlthftr1

i'm trying to get an lsd for my rb25 280z where would i need to start looking...? i'm kind of a TRD guy...so i need some advice.