HybridZ

Crazy fun stuff with a bum tonight this stuff only happens with Z's I sware...

240ZR

So i was driving around downtown LA tonight kinda lost... so i pull into a gas station and sit in front of a pump and read my Thomas guide.

Next thing i know I got a bum washing my windshield........... I roll down the window and tell him "no thanks" He tells me its free he usta have a 260z and it was hist first car....... so i think GREAT I am so going to get killed here..... but then i figure he lives down here.... he can tell me where 3rd street is and how to get it 3rd and Alverado(i think).... he says of course but they are both one way streets so you need to take and then I am lost after he tells me the first 3 turns i need to take to get to this specifically intersection..... so i ask him to point it out on my Thomas guide..... and this point he is leaning in my open window pointing at stuff on on map on my center console.... then he says its too dark in the car, and asks if i could turn on the light..... so i reach back and push the dome light on..... he says no the other light...... Now I am thinking I am surly going to die.... what other light? this guy is a nut job...... i respond, " Um what light is that?" he reaches up and pushes a little bar i didn't even know existed on the center dash and WHAM LIGHTTTTT.... I was so astonished and amazed... he must of really been a Z person back in the day... so i gave him $10 (all the cash i had on me) thanked him and zoomed away......

I don't really have a moral... other then OMG LA.... I love it!!

Neither does mine i need to figure out how to change the bulb on that thing

Take off the vent panel there, should be 4 screws on the corner of the panel and the light unplugs from the harness. Pretty simple if you look at it. Atleast it was in my 77. My 76 sat for 8 years and the map light still works, lol.

I usualyu dont feel sorry for bums..... this guy i did.... I knwo he took the 10 and used it to buy beer or crack... but who cars... He knew my z better then me.... you know if i ever own a comapny I will pay bums to work for me.. and try to help them get off the streets.....

Too bad you were not a multi-millionaire and hired him as an Executive Assistant who helps you turn your failing company around, Puts your Marriage back together and heals your kids from their Juvenile delinquint ways ... .........

Wait maybe this is a screen play yeah yeah thats the ticket........... No Nope this was a movie with Nick Nolte in it and he helped the family.... What was that movie?????

Oh well We should definately continue this story as a group

Too bad you were not a multi-millionaire and hired him as an Executive Assistant who helps you turn your failing company around' date=' Puts your Marriage back together and heals your kids from their Juvenile delinquint ways ... .........

Wait maybe this is a screen play yeah yeah thats the ticket........... No Nope this was a movie with Nick Nolte in it and he helped the family.... What was that movie?????

Oh well We should definately continue this story as a group[/quote']

I remember that movie, gosh I need a life. Pretty cool Bum! You never know, he was just like the rest of us once and negative circumstances may have gotten in his lifes way.

Mike

Therefor but the grace of God go I... I just feel so guilty some times when i see bums... I mean I know once you hit bottom is hard to get back up... if I could help I would..... if you want to hear a long story read on.....

About 7 years ago before my grandmother died, we needed some one to paint our house, her house, her rental, and my dads 3 rentals.... my dad being cheap like he is went down to home depot and got a crew of 3 Mexicans and 2 white guys... the next day the only guys to come back to do the rest of the work was a Guy named billy... a really nice guy.... we find out her was once a professional painter and had a wife die recently, as well as his mother was hospitalized and died a few years back.... basically with out going into details... his brother took his mothers estate and dumped the bills on Billy, and his wife's family screwed him out of a lot of stuff, and once again dumped most of her medical bills on him... he lost his job b/c he worked for his brother in law.. who now had no reason to keep him around.... so he moved to the streets after he lost his house his car and most of his other possessions.... So.. upon finding all this out my father kept him employed on his payroll for about a month as well as giving him a FREE place to live (at my grandmothers in the spare guest house)... having him do odd jobs, and handy-work to fix the guest house up nice.... in this time we also found out he was a raging alcoholic... but he wanted to stop be never had any help...about 2 weeks later, my dad talked to him for 6 hours, my dad and our pastor then talked to him.. the guy accepted Jesus into his life and really was starting to ROCK on the road to recovery.. he'd now been sober for about a week..... so we figured the next step would be a rehab program... soo we took him down to the Salvation army After much persistence and nagging.... and you know what? the SALVATION ARMY... the ****ing bell ringers that PREACH about helping people like this get off the street.... TURNED HIM DOWN....

you know why? b/c He was illiterate... a total LOAD IMO....

Ever since then I have seen homeless in a TOTALY different light... some times its not that they Don't want to get off the streets... some times its they CANT get off the streets...