HybridZ

Custom L6 Turbo oil pan??

Guest ON3GO

anybody make any L6 turbo oil pans?

i need a new one and i dont want a used one.

i rather upgrade then go with a stocker.

anybody make any for our L28ET's???

mike

i new of the Arizona Zcar one but im not so sure about it for the price.

i really like James RB oil pans and want something like that for my L28ET...

mike

was thinking maybe some of the fab guys on this site like 1 tuff z or braap would be intrested in making a nice turbo oil pan for around 300 or so bucks.

i would take 2 but the green Z is going RB.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

whats wrong w/ the one on ole' blue?

outside of that, kracker should have one, i have a stock non-turbo one, and i'm pretty sure teds buddy has a couple.

Im going with the AZC oil pan i guess, i still think for around the same price some guys should get into making some nice performance oil pans for our L6's.

if i had a TIG i would be all over it.

mike

ya the AZC pan is the one i went with, but i do have another L28ET i can use a pan for... well... i have 2 but that one wont see a car for a long long time, just a engine stand.

mike

Contact Design Products who fabs the NISMO comp pan. He made one for me for $300, excluding cad plating and sent him pan as core.

OBTW, anyone solve problem with flimsy stamped flanges on stock pans. They dimple out at the mtg bolts, then prone to leakage. Use the flange spacers to help distribute the bolt load. Don't over torque.

thats the main reason for getting a better pan, i hate how it leaks, im sick of oil leaks around the pan, and plus its just ones less thing i can have on my car thats stock.

i saw the u weld kits, pretty neat.

mike

I have been thinking about trying one of the Moroso U-Weld-It kits' date=' around $140 from Summit. Doesn't solve the turbo oil return, but it shouldn't be a problem to take care of that while you are fabbing...

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?CatCode=11108[/quote']

Wow. I wish I had seen this before ordering my Canton Road Race pan two weeks ago. I just got my pan in two days ago, and it looks nearly identical to this kit. Alwell, I guess the Canton pan is not that much more for a SBC.

Seems like this would work really well for the L6. It would not be hard to weld either using either a MIG or a TIG. I think either is sufficient as long as you know what your doing.

Thanks for the link!

Joshua