HybridZ

e46 BMW Xenon projector HID headlights

zedevan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've put longer screws through where the screws hold the front and back of the projector together and they go through holes in the back of the ebay housing, so kinda of the same, but slightly different i think. they only just fit in depth wise due to the shroud i'm using, i think the bmw lense is just touching the inside of the headlight lense

i actully had my headlights apart today as i modified them to produce more blue at the cutoff, but i forgot that ppl wanted to c pics. i think i did it to much though so will most likely pull them apart again sometime in the next couple of weeks to lessen it a bit, so i might have some useful pics at last!

• 2 months later...

well here at last, over what feels like a year later, i've managed to take some pics of them being assembled, as i said its pretty easy, i took the glass off the headlights and cut the hole at the back but dremeling off the h4 globe holder, then put the bmw light in there and put the shinny peice of plastic back on the front. from there i held it level and marked out where to drill the holes, then drilled them, put the screws though, i used some plastic standoffs, (although they seem kind of pointless, they do help hold the screws straighter, and i need to paint them but i couldn't b bothered taking off the glass) and then used nuts to hold it all in place.

The metal cylinder you see is a coke can sanded back to stop the light leaking out everywhere, then the light holder from in the fenders was cut as it sticks back to far, and as you can see i used a rubber ball to seal it up. if i was to do it again i'd try to get some 300c lights and put them in the 7" lights as i like their bezel and they have a fair bit of blue at the cutoff, or what i'm thinking of doing at some stage (say within 5 yrs) is honda accord euro lights (tsx) retrofitted with the highbeams about halfway down the sugar scoops with them painted black with headlight covers to look like most modern sports cars front lights

although i love this updated old school look, and being able to see at night, hopefuly the wider wheels i'm getting dont rub badly on the covers i have made to stop water getting to the lights

front_left_678.jpg

1_152.jpg

2_758.jpg

3_776.jpg

4_186.jpg

5_204.jpg

The metal cylinder you see is a coke can sanded back to stop the light leaking out everywhere, then the light holder from in the fenders was cut as it sticks back to far, and as you can see i used a rubber ball to seal it up.

That is some great cobbling! The final product looks great and you can't even tell on the outside how it was done :2thumbs:

Davy

Nice work Zedevan! I'm glad someone is putting my writeup to good use. :2thumbs:

I just had my lights apart today to seal them up better as they were fogging up from moisture getting inside. If i was to do this again i would have used different projectors than what i have in there right now. The ones i have are much wider than a lot of the new ones out there and i had to do a bit of cutting on the projector to make it fit in the back (which you do not see in the writeup).

yeah thanks heaps for the inspriation! had two times today where only one light would turn on :shock: (different one each time) its not a good feeling lol. just double checked all the connections and they worked so no idea whats happening there

i wish i'd looked through hidplanet more before i purchased my lights, but in saying that i haven't seen any rhd projectors come up for sale here in aus, not that i've been looking to much. got other things to concider wasting money on lol