HybridZ

oh no... i think i might get banned for saying this..

Guest ON3GO

ON3GO

I got to drive a friend Type-R powered integra (swapped in) with a jackson supercharger. I thought Honda stink' date=' but I will tell you that engine was very powerful and could smoke the tires from 40ish. Now that being said I found the FWD setup to be VERY FRUSTRATING, because all I could not get traction, which lead to nasty torque steer. What a waste of good power...[/quote']

Nothing that a Quiaffe can't fix...at least for a little bit more power. My Honda, when it was running, with supposed 300WHP had very little torque steer with the Quaiffe. Felt like the front tires were trying to pull it towards the apex. Then again, that was over a year ago, and time tends to exaggerate things :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think anyone will chase you away. I just bought a honda myself, my first one (HA) its a 96 civic hatch with a bunch of body mods, motor is stock and its great, 35mpg! I would for sure look at the K series motors, I just joined up at http://www.k20a.org lots of interesting stuff over there.

Heres a pic

403085574_l.jpg

i had a turbo 02 civic si and your right about other cars challenging hondas... its almost like you cant turn down the fight. It was definitely a fun car to drive (297hp, 243lbtq), i would look more into building an eg or ek and dropping a k20a2, k24a2 motor.

my friend Drives an EK with a B16A its nice... he did the swap like maybe 4 years ago now and back then i think he paid more for his B16A then i did for my Z I only know this b/c i went to pick it up with him in like Lynwood or somewhere down there .... nice shop... too much rice for my blood...but.... I am still not the biggest fan of FWD... and Vtec is over rated IMO... but it was a nice car... I think it dynod at 300~ horse he has a problem with keeping a decent line in a corrner.. but then again neither of us are race car drivers....:icon56:

JamieT bought it for his brother though.

find a Type R shell.. no NOTHING for... free.

so i might do that. has the rhd dash and etc on it, no engine, no suspension, no nothing... needs a tad bit of body work too.

found a few hatches but not many teg's... really want a teg.

mike

well, i'm not gonna hate you for getting a honda, but as much as I respect what a well setup honda hatch can do they're still not fun to drive for me.

I've had more fun in a stock 80's V12 jag than a fully built 400hp honda. There's just something about steering a car through a turn with your foot instead of your hands.

Honestly though, I've been tossing around the idea of either getting an old toyota pickup or a honda mid 90's hatch for a daily driver.

The main downside to the import industry is the insane prices. Around here you still can't get a type R motor in good shape for less than 4k. Cams can cost as much as crate motor do in the muscle industry. This is the main thing that I've always got on my friends with the super fast imports. Mine will never cost as much no matter how hard I try. Personally, I don't have tons of money to through around my projects so maybe that's why I own a Z to begin with...

I probly sound like a broken record by now, but to anyone that thinks that a FF cant' be fast, go buy the "American Touge" hotversion of BMI (Best Motoring).

I bought mine cause it looks decent, gets 35mpg, and is pretty entertaining to drive. Something totally stupid about being able to hold your foot on the floor for more than 3 seconds before breaking laws..... Also there is something to be said for honda (and toyota for that matter) with their reliablity.

Ive been thinking about it since ive had the car, rice is a state of mind more than anything else.

Ever seen amiercan rice? It's called a 6 cylinder mustang with a full saleen conversion, with the origonal dealer plates still on the car. In other words, I agree with you kenny. Rice is more of the attitude the prevails in most kids nowdays. It's not what you drive though. Certainly not what the chassis code that makes it rice.

hehehe... Mike has too much fun driving my teg at work. We'll go see the car some time this week. I'm sure they have some suspension lying around. We just need to get the car straightened out a little, and get some suspension on it and then we're set. Wow, never thought I would ever see a modded honda enter the shop. Oh and yes we have access to plenty of K series as well. RHD is dope in H-town right now, why not flaunt it.

Mike - forget a 'teg. Go with something more sleeper. Im thinking 96-97 Nissan Pickup, SR20DET, slammed, factory wheels widened and the rear bed tubbed to accomodate 13" slicks. :)

knock the scion all you want, it dont let me down like a Z :D.

plus ill auto-x it against alot of members Z's here and i doubt ill do that bad....

still cant find a good teg, still looking.

found the motor i wanna use though :D

mike

I prefer My 1992 Nissan Ser over Hondas. My 92 Sentra runs great for 221,xxx miles. 7800 redline and a full independent 4 wheel disc..I picked mine up for $375 (Motor Blown)New clutch and a Ebay $400 motor, 40,xxx miles So they say.. You can pick up sr20det motor for around a $1000 dollars and that gives you plug and play 205 hp at the flywheel with a t25 turbo. If you want to get Gtir motor It has 237 hp it has sodium filled valves and a t28 turbo. Its plug and play as well $1700. For $3500 you could have very fast car with no traction THATS NOT A HONDA.. Just a thought. In my Opinion the b13 Sentra classic is one of the best handling fwd cars I have ever drove.