HybridZ

oh no... i think i might get banned for saying this..

Guest ON3GO

Thinking about selling the scion xB and getting a Integra Type R....

im not gonna sell any of my Z's but i sorta want a performance FWD car.

i never got myself into them but i have helped build a few.

i helped build with my friend a Civic Hatch with a H22 motor, sorta like a big block swap for the honda guys. all motor with nitrous and slicks.. was a very quick car.

also helped with a DA integra build up, mild but a fun little car.

and then a 2001 Civic SI with a Supercharger, built motor, full suspension and alot more, was a fun car with the blower.

i deff want to go FI with the Type R but still keep a high reving engine.

i know its not the best car to turbo charge with the high compression but a built motor can fix that.

looking for something in the 500whp ballpark. deff a high way car but thats what i want.

nobody really wants to race our houston Z's anymore, and i cant really ever see somebody turning down a race from a honda, so i think that would be fun to beat ppl in a fwd integra..

im not 100% sold on the Type R yet, im looking at other hondas, but the integra is my fav.

so would i get crap for having a built Type R integra from you guys?

to be honest i would sell the scion and get a truck so i can tow my cars, and just get the Type R on the side.

oh man it never stops.

mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha.. out of everybody here i thought you of all ppl would be like "awesome mike!"...

your the king of "building a car to just build it"..

i wanna do that! but i wanna smoke your "building a car to build it" Tim in a FWD integra with neons!!!! that flash when i pump my 100000watt subs!

haha

mike

i dont think ill put that much money into it.

the motor/tranny and then turbo will be the big money parts.

ill just search for good deals and new/used parts other wise.

well no the cp pistons and etc will be pricey but thats okay.

ppl are making 500+whp on K20A motors in there RSX's but i rather build it up so it last a tad longer.

mike

ON3GO

I got to drive a friend Type-R powered integra (swapped in) with a jackson supercharger. I thought Honda stink, but I will tell you that engine was very powerful and could smoke the tires from 40ish. Now that being said I found the FWD setup to be VERY FRUSTRATING, because all I could not get traction, which lead to nasty torque steer. What a waste of good power...

From what I've read, the 99-01? (not sure) Integra Type Rs are one of the most fun to drive FWDs. Decent power and a well sorted chassis is what I've read about them almost everywhere. I believe I remember reading that they do exceedingly well on an autox course.