HybridZ

Sell and start over, keep and start over, keep and start another project.

Guest ON3GO

This is for you guys that have been doing this for along time, atleast way longer then i have.

i have come to the cross roads where i dunno what to do.

My blue Z has been running and driving for like a week or so now.. still has aways to go before its even remotely quick and tuned right.

Im happy about alot of things on this car, but alot im not.

its a awesome car, has plenty of awesome things done to it and etc, but alot of things i wanted to do that i didnt do to it are nipping at my ***..

i thought i was the kind of guy that loves just driving my cars, but i miss working on it like i use to.. plus again theres so much more i wanna do to it.

so question is this... i have a TON of stuff i still want to do to it, i have a TON of parts i have still want to put on it to make it faster/nicer.

BUT im at the state where i just wanna start 100% over.. tear it down, redo the floors, bigger and better frame rails, redo the fuel cell, undercoat the whole underbody, install a better L28ET that im working on, finish the interior 100% and make it awesome. do the suspension 100%, bigger brakes, better everything. full roll cage, stiffen the whole body. install my wide *** Ronal wheels, end etc etc etc etc..

you catch the drift... but what do i do? do i just tear the car down and start over?

do i just keep it how it is and sell it and start on another project and do what i want?

do i keep it and fix a few things that really piss me off and just drive it so i have something i can drive and sorta be fast in. and do all i want to another Z?

i dont have to sell it for the cash, thats not the problem.

as you can tell im lost.

even if i deside to tear it down i plan on driving it atleast 6 months so i can enjoy it some, and by then ill have all my parts i need bought and ready to either be put on this Z or another.

i just really enjoy building these cars and thats want i want to do, plus i want to do something extreme in detail and do it 100% right.

mike

well then If it was me i would tear it down again not all the way but fix it till its 100% the way you want it! why scrap it and start again?

You can always change I have done it lots of times with VWs got em sorta where I wanted but it wasnt right so i ripped it apart and fixed it!

Do it in small steps you can never get it 100% the way you want it the first time around anyway well I cant atleast

Find yourself a nice (relatively speaking) junker on Ebay for as cheap as you can get it. Throw it up on a rotiserie and dive in. Definitely don't sell off any of your other Z's, you'll regret it later. If anything, put them in storage and register them as non-op. I'd recomend just finishing the Z's you have now rather than starting them over. Constantly re inventing a project is a good way to keep it from ever getting finished (Welcome to my world ). Just my 2 cents worth :)

Mike

well after driving it today.... tuned.... at only 7psi.... wow..... it scoots :).

im gonna keep this car the way it is but fix all i dislike about it. and keep it a stock bodied my style type of car.. just upgrade the turbo and etc to it, and install the build motor.

and ill be looking for a beat up junker for a complete tear down...

the 76' Green Z is sorta in a werid stage.. so thats why i wanna start another Z.

plus im building a Z for a buddy.. so ill have building all around me..

mike

Guest strokerZ

This post made me laugh...I always enjoy reading your posts Mike. I think it it because I can really relate to your illness. :) If I were in your position I think I would keep one car that you can drive and tinker around with to make little improvements at a time and then get a bare bones chassis and go from the bottom up...more of a long term project. But then...my guess is once you finally finish that one you will say the same thing and well...on to the next project..LOL. Anyhow, keep up the good work and keep enjoying your z obsession. Andrew

Keep it... drive it... and then rebuild it. You've been through alot getting that car together- take some time to enjoy it!

This is coming from a guy who sold an awesome Z (that I didn't build) and even though I didn't do the work... I miss the Hell out of it. I can only imagine if my sweat went into it. But hey... that's what the brown bomb's for!