HybridZ

VIDEO: Me vs. 2000 Trans Am

Guest 73Turbo240z

Yeah 73turbo240z was working on his starts. Different tranny, new stickier tires, and a new better clutch. And this was his second attempt to try. The next run he did a better launch still not perfect and got him out of the hole by 1/2 car length instead of the other way around. So once 73turbo240z gets his new setup down nothing should be able to beat him off the line street tire vs street tire. Unless its 4wd.

Guest 73Turbo240z
Nice run, I was a little worried in the beginning, but once you got into gear and let the turbo do the work, all was good!!

yea run 2 went alot better, woulda made for a better video, but oh well, i got lucky and managed to chase him down on the back half. i think my clutch might have been slipping up top, cause look at that 4th gear, its like it was slipping and then stopped, cause i really rocket off in 4th.

Be careful racing Trans Am's! I don't know how it is where you are from, but in Idaho, these are the redneck cars of choice. I raced one a couple summers ago and got the guy really pissed off... to the point where he got out of his car at a stop sign and I got to experience fullthrottle/boost in reverse! It turned into a chase through town that ended up with me to the nearest police station. I'm a little guy, and the trans am was filled with some large rednecks! Boy was it fun though to walk all over him! Keep up the good work!

Guest 73Turbo240z
Be careful racing Trans Am's! I don't know how it is where you are from, but in Idaho, these are the redneck cars of choice. I raced one a couple summers ago and got the guy really pissed off... to the point where he got out of his car at a stop sign and I got to experience fullthrottle/boost in reverse! It turned into a chase through town that ended up with me to the nearest police station. I'm a little guy, and the trans am was filled with some large rednecks! Boy was it fun though to walk all over him! Keep up the good work!

It's the same way in Houston... that and there the choice vehicle of 17 year old boys with attitudes.

Either way i wasn't really worred about it, the kid was cool about it all, took the loss well. I try to pick my battles a little bit since theres so many f-ing fast cars in Houston, you can go to a meet and run into 14 second f-bodys parked next to 9 second ones... it's a real gambling game.

Unless its 4wd.

Its going to be a time of mixed emotions when I end up next to a local z with the talon, of course I will let him win out of respect, not because the turbo z will have more power....

BTW, i love the semi rolling past right before the launch

Guest 73Turbo240z
Do you have the video in better quality anywhere??

When are you gonna get a tach? What do you think your redline is at with the az zcar piston rod combo?

Car looks and sounds sweet. Awesome kill.

Mario

i have one with less editing and just raw race footage that can be put up in better quality since it's much shorter, i'll get it uploaded here soon.

my redline is currently 6000rpm, the bottom end will go far beyond that, but the P90a's hydrolic lifters are already failing to keep up as is, which is handicapping my redline horribly.

phase 2 of my build is a p90 mechanicle with oversized valves, porting, coatings, and a cam/valvetrain buildup, i'll be looking to take it to 7500rpm then if i can find a cam profile that will do it without killing the cars driveability.

Entertaining! Turbos, imports, domestics, its fun to have a little rivalry. The old Cavin pissing on brand X used to make me laugh as I saw a guy walk up to a car he particlarlly hated and said "watch this I don't even need Calvin... "I don't know how your area is with police enforcement, but after years of trouble free street racing I eventually received two suspensions, my last included a two page ticket worth 40 points, cuffed & stuffed, and my girlfriend going home in a police car. 20++ years later she still rides with me. It took many years to wipe the record and get the ultra preferred insurance rates I now enjoy.Yes my driving still gets a little out of hand, but usually just to make a quick point. Invitations to the track are not usually accepted, but allow a little dignity when you know better. Just something to think about, a video is pretty hard evidence to dispute. Sorry, enough preaching, Great car, nice video work. I like the HybridZ plug at the end. John

Guest 73Turbo240z

he'd already been asking what to expect out of my car, they all were saying the race was in bag for him and what not...

then the kid responded:

As for the race well i took him from the launch and got totally fucked high end. Totally the opposite of what i was expecting... Ill upload the vid tomorow. It was a good race though.

next guy says:

figures, he had to build boost...

lol... build boost, more like "the datsun bogged like a dumb ****"

phase 2 of my build is a p90 mechanicle with oversized valves, porting, coatings, and a cam/valvetrain buildup, i'll be looking to take it to 7500rpm then if i can find a cam profile that will do it without killing the cars driveability.

I believe the stock cam can reach your goals. All you would need are better springs.

Mario

Guest 73Turbo240z
I believe the stock cam can reach your goals. All you would need are better springs.

Mario

i was under the impression the stocker loses wind at 6500 with fall off starting just past 6000...

i'm still new to cam spec'ing, so i have no clue what to look for.