HybridZ

VIDEO: Me vs. 2000 Trans Am

Guest 73Turbo240z

Here is another "Me vs TransAm". Wonder what they were saying on the LS1 forums about this one.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=7FBEF634-362C-44EB-8F28-A39606487BF4

I just busted up laughing, I still love that vid. "that datsun is going to have some hurt feelings" :P That was great.

Good vids 73Turbo240Z, these vids always through me for a hook when I look at engine choices. I love seeing f-body's loose, something about most their cockiness.

Tyson

Guest 73Turbo240z
it was mike.. Z-Gad..

just a cam swap and nothing more' date=' no extra tuning and etc.

mike[/quote']

I'll start searching, anyone wanna point me in the right direction though?

Good video...at least they gave your Z some props and were not all dicks!

Some more tuning, actually shifting into third and a working tach and you are going to walking away from him hard.

I raced an alcohol injected Turbo T/A recently running 21psi and had him at launch and he passed me at about the 400-500ft mark. Not bad for my old ZXT with 150,000miles on the motor and 10psi.

Yasin

Guest 73Turbo240z

lol they've already started the "get more mod's" and "put it on nitrous" and try again suggestions... i hope he does, always fun to have a shot at more cash...

violacleff has a TSO4/T58. Which I don't know much about, but sure sounds bigger than a T3.

BTW, bigger turbos do not make more power because they more more air at less psi. The amount of air your car ingests is what counts. They typically make more power due to less restriction in the exhaust causing less reversion, better cylinder filling. Also a larger compressor will give you some more efficiency at a given flow (with in reason obviously) but this is 2 10ths of fuckall.

Dave

Guest ON3GO

violacleff dont have a small T3... about on par with ur Holset J..

Mr. Hanky still have way more untapped power in it, i say another 80 or so WHP with just a better tune at the same boost levels.

bigger injectors then the 440's would help too.

but ditch that L28ET for some yota powa!

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
violacleff dont have a small T3... about on par with ur Holset J..

Mr. Hanky still have way more untapped power in it' date=' i say another 80 or so WHP with just a better tune at the same boost levels.

bigger injectors then the 440's would help too.

but ditch that L28ET for some yota powa!

mike[/quote']

wrd... need one nasty huge dyno sheet to help sell the motor, then i can build another engine...

who wants a nice arse motor thats ready to rock out of the box with big ol' turbo, forged parts, and fancy coatings!

wrd... need one nasty huge dyno sheet to help sell the motor' date=' then i can build another engine...

who wants a nice arse motor thats ready to rock out of the box with big ol' turbo, forged parts, and fancy coatings![/quote']

hell yeah, but only if you throw in free shipping to Australia, lol, Meh, i will just have to build a RB30DET. (sigh).

Hehe, love your video.

My son raced a pretty stout 2002 TA last year in his Z last year and they were dead even. Didnt need a turbo to keep up with the guy and he had just run some mid 12's the week prior at the track.

Right after that I was in my Z06 and some guy in a turbo'd 260z wanted to run me. he said hed blow me away. so im nice to the guy since we also own a Datsun z. i suggested we race from a 120 mph start and id show him how id whip his *** all the way to 180 mph. so we ended up racing off the line and i beat him anyway....he later said he was running 12's and im like dude, 12's i left behind long ago in this car. come back and run me when you are in the mid 11's.

if i cant win em 1/4 mile i will challenge em to a top end blast cause they aint gonna have the best of both worlds.