HybridZ

240z 4spd handles 350hp+

Thumper

I will be getting a zx 5-spd this week and putting it in my car so I decided to tune for higher boost with my current 4spd. I tuned it for 19psi which should be roughly 350hp-400lb-tq. I have done multiple drag launches and 3rd and 4th gear pulls and it works perfectly. I even spanked a 05' 911 turbo:flamedevi Only thing is its hard to get into 3rd and 4th gear but it did this when I ran 7psi so it might just be a bad tranny to start with. So if anybody wants to know the 240z 4spd can handle some power. Not to sure for how long it will hold but it did for two nights straight.

See, I didn't lie to you. The 4 speeds should be just as strong as the 5 speeds mainly because Nissan just used all of the basic 4 speed parts when they built the 5 speed. All of the bearings are the same, Shaft diameters are all identical. Only serious improvements that I can think of were in the 82-83 NA cars which has a left handed threaded main shaft lock nut which does not loosen up with use. This is an important feature to have for a high HP car as they tend to loosen up the right handed lock nuts quickly.

You had to do some internal work to run 19psi right? just wondering

Nope just a 1mm hks metal head gasket that I stole from ON3GO. You can run up to 22psi on the stock block as long as you have no detonation at all. At that boost level though any detonation will break something. Since i'm running a more effiecient turbo then most I will only be taking it to 20psi.