HybridZ

Controversial idea...

I have an idea...instead of spending $$$$ on shocks why not just add a short shock to increase the dampening ability without blowing the wallet. The rear should not be that hard...just weld on some mounts...the front would be a little more difficult but could be achieved. I'll post a drawing of my idea later tonight or tomorrow. The offroad guys run multiple shocks for a reason...they need more dampening than a single shock can provide. You could just get some high performance short vw type 1 shocks (cheap) and mount em' really easy...

For me. Shocks are pretty cheap and require no extra fab work. If I am too busy anyone knows how it is all bolted together and can work on it. Just my opinion. Why make life more complicated? I always like looking at pics of what others have done though. I just wouldn't want to. But I am not all that adventurous anyway.

I have an idea...instead of spending $$$$ on shocks why not just add a short shock to increase the dampening ability without blowing the wallet. The offroad guys run multiple shocks for a reason...they need more dampening than a single shock can provide.

I don't think increased damping is really the issue for a Z.

As far as offroad vehicles go many of the multiple shock installations are to control certain speed ranges.

Cary

well I am going to be running 250 lb/in. on the rear and 225lb/in. on the front and I don't think the strut cartridges will last very long with those spring rates...and I don't want to spend $600 on illuminas that are reported to not work well with that spring rate...

I have an idea...instead of spending $$$$ on shocks why not just add a short shock to increase the dampening ability without blowing the wallet. The rear should not be that hard...just weld on some mounts...the front would be a little more difficult but could be achieved. I'll post a drawing of my idea later tonight or tomorrow. The offroad guys run multiple shocks for a reason...they need more dampening than a single shock can provide. You could just get some high performance short vw type 1 shocks (cheap) and mount em' really easy...

Man, I would think that by the time you completed that exercise, the time and materials it required would far out weigh the additional cost of a good set of dampers!