HybridZ

Hong Kong, A Shoppers Paradise (Photos)

Stealth-Z

While visiting my wife, I did some shopping at the local wrecking yards. I bought the RB26 as a core for $1000HK dollars ($128USD), the RB25DET transmission for $1500HK ($192USD), the 5 R32 rims were $1500HK ($192USD) and not pictured I purchased a pair of R33 GTR seats, Sard and Blitz BOV's, plus a Vielside and a Greddy boost gauge for another $1500HK. I could have bargained more but was to excited about all the goodies we can't get in the US.

Just as a note, Skyline parts are not to common here in Hong Kong. I found only 2 R34 4-door's being parted out. Both were automatics with RB25DET NEO's.

Shipping from Hong Kong to my door in California is going to be about $750USD. Most of that cost is in port fees in Oakland CA and shipment to Sacramento. Of that $750, in Hong Kong, the freight company is charging me about $200USD to pick up the pallet, deliver it to the port, process the paperwork and put it on the ship.

hkparts01.jpg

hkparts02.jpg

Anyone want to put a Turbo Bentley V8 in thier Z?

hkbently.jpg

Guest 280ZForce
man i want the bentley motor. would be hella fun
You must be from Northern California, lol.

i know what u mean...w/ the term "hella" is from them damn northerners..haha j/k...mostly the bay area of nor cal. i have family up there say i tend to say that too.

Holly Sh*t! What deal! Any other interesting things you see?

How about this BMW V12? It was sitting just below the Bentley.

hkbmwv12.jpg

There are lots of Mercedes, BMW's, Jaguars, and Lexus. I have seen several Subaru WRX's. Not to much performance Nissan stuff around here that I have seen or found. I know it is here though.

I am leaving Hong Kong March 15th, so there is still time to hunt around.

You must be from Northern California' date=' lol.

Oh yeah, nice find BTW.[/quote']

hahaha I'm from the land down under actually.

I just watched an old movie where someone said that, and it was stuck in my head.

But i think i would rather the V12, but both have potential.

Nice finds! Man wish I could throw you money for a rb25 tranny at those prices! Oh well

I looked high and low for more RB25 5-speeds. Automatics are more popular here it seems. Cars are a major luxury here.

The trans I found was attached to an RB25DET VVT sitting out of site on a rack. He originally wanted $5000HK ($650USD) for the motor and trans set. There was, however, no harness and ecu plus the intake manifold was broken.

I looked high and low for more RB25 5-speeds. Automatics are more popular here it seems. Cars are a major luxury here.

The trans I found was attached to an RB25DET VVT sitting out of site on a rack. He originally wanted $5000HK ($650USD) for the motor and trans set. There was' date=' however, no harness and ecu plus the intake manifold was broken.[/quote']

If you can find some RB20DET 5 speeds for like 75 bucks or less those might be worth holding onto. Just incase kind of thing.

If you can find some RB20DET 5 speeds for like 75 bucks or less those might be worth holding onto. Just incase kind of thing.

I have not seen any RB20's in the yards. Nissan does not seem to hold much of a presence here. At least the things we are interested in that is...