HybridZ

Project Silver Bullet Update Q45 install Pics Front Mount

qwik240z

Under acceleration, the front of the differential wants to lift. With your listed torque, do you think the two metal straps could bend, fatigue and break? Maybe look into some gusseting? It's a good idea, but it just looks like there could be a problem.

Under acceleration, the front of the differential wants to lift. With your listed torque, do you think the two metal straps could bend, fatigue and break? Maybe look into some gusseting? It's a good idea, but it just looks like there could[/i'] be a problem.

Not sure myself but I will ask the fabricator.

Thanks,

Under acceleration, the front of the differential wants to lift. With your listed torque, do you think the two metal straps could bend, fatigue and break? Maybe look into some gusseting? It's a good idea, but it just looks like there could[/i'] be a problem.

I emailed your concerns to the fabricator. He said that I jumped the gun by posting pics so soon. He was not there when I went by yesterday so I didn't get to speak to him.

Here is his response:

"David,

Yes, it may have that much torque with some sticky tires.

Your old rear had a limiting strap that went over the nose of rear that was a rubber strap, the rear mount was spring steel, & did move, & the limiting strap did come into play since rear was made to move under a lot of torque.

With the Infinity rear bar now being aluminum, with hard urethane bushings at the ends, its fairly important that the rear has very little movement up frt, or the rear cover could break at the 2 rear mounting bolts. I am still going to make either a limiting strap similar to what it had, or more likely a rubber or urethane bumpstop directly on top of the nose. Where you saw it today is just where I stopped work, not really done there yet ;-)"

David,

I would disagree with the limiting strap and the bump stop. Either would allow the rear to move and the billet mustache bar won't be very forgiving. You'll likely break something. I think that brackets welded to your mounts and bolted to the stock strap mount points would be the way to go.

Good luck. Looks good so far.

Jody

MAN!!! What a copy cat. LOL! I had the billet control arm brackets made about 3 years ago.I know Arizona Z didnt have them them.I posted a real small group buy a long time ago for them. Like 2 people kind of group buy...I was trying to do the 1 off parts thing.They looked slightly different. When you look at mine, the allen bolt is recessed flush inside the bracket so it doesnt stick out and the front bracket is wider to compensate the with of it. The front bracket is wider then the back bracket of the control arm.Look at the brackets below in the picture and you will see the difference with the ones on the ends

7603233055-thumb.jpg

Didn't know you made them. The one in the pics is from Dave at Arizona Z cars.

I didnt notice the way the sway bar way mounted before but looks pretty good. I didnt plan of running a sway bar because I had alot of over steer before on the 240Z. Everyone else I spoke with had the same problem too.What about you. Is it working good for you?

I didnt notice the way the sway bar way mounted before but looks pretty good. I didnt plan of running a sway bar because I had alot of over steer before on the 240Z. Everyone else I spoke with had the same problem too.What about you. Is it working good for you?

Seems to handle well with the sway bar in place. No problems so far. Over steer is fun if you can control it.

MAN!!!LOL! I had the billet control arm brackets made about 3 years ago.

Yes, I do remember the group buy and the lengthy thread about them. Your designs were really good and the examples were great!

Just wasn't for me (no $$$) back then :sour:

Davy