HybridZ

Pics/Vids of my new custom panel taillights w/ LEDs on my 78 280z...

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Well I figured I've got 1 of a kind headlights, so I needed some custom taillights and this is what I put together...

Custom metal panel and each taillight has 40 LEDs in it...the pics really don't do this modification any justice.

i modified this panel to house the LED light applications and the light trim and rewiring the stock taillight harness according to the new lights. I didn't have to cut the body due to the slim design of the LED lights, so good thing I did not have to suffer the integrity of it.

I ordered the chrome taillight trims not knowing exactly what they looked like or if they'd even work. My original plan when ordering them was to paint them flat black, but then I got them and was impressed w/ the quality and character they had. I really like the lip on top of it...reminds of a real classic car. I decided to leave them chrome.

It turned out a lot better than I could've imagined IMHO.

Well some people either love the circular taillights or hate em, either way, I'm very pleased w/ the outcome I got w/ the look and the visibility of the LEDs is just incredible.

Short Vids of them After Pics....

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0009_1.jpg

IMG_0008_1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

I took this pic and it captured the rays of sunlights and it says to me..."The Z Gods have approved."

IMG_0013_1.jpg

And now for some night pics of the LEDs...it's hard to capture the intensity of these babies. U really appreciate them in person, as well as the whole custom lights in general.

Parking Lights On:

IMG_0006_1.jpg

IMG_0013_2.jpg

IMG_0008_2.jpg

Brake Lights On:

IMG_0010_2.jpg

IMG_0014_1.jpg

IMG_0012_1.jpg

All 4 Setup As Brake Lights:

IMG_0004_2.jpg

Even got a few short clips of them in action (please give a few seconds for them to load):

Parking Lights and Stepping on Brakes

Parking Lights w/ Hazards On

Brake Lights w/ Hazards On

Hazards On and Stepping On/Off Brakes

Guest 280ZForce
Great , but what about reverse lights?

yeah i have some oval 2.5"x6" white LED applications i'm going to fab in2 the body under the bumpers when i have time

:2thumbs: Looks really good! I've got some rust in the rear right about there and was considering doing something pretty similar, but with a normal bulb style light. I like the round light look, and after seeing yours I'm that much more convinced that's what I should do.

Man that looks sweet! Those are the same lights I going to do mine with, except I got orange for turn signals. I love the flat black for all the trim parts and bumpers, I was actually planning on doing the same to mine as well. It's like you're inside my head or something :)

Mike

Guest 280ZForce
Really' date=' really nice. You should be proud.

The black on red really sets it off also.

You cant tell me that ride doesn't turn some heads!

May I ask, where did you get the bumpers? Very clean as well!

Congrats!![/quote']

my car turns heads everywhere i go....even before flares, mirrors, bumpers, etc. but now it definately does.

the bumpers I got from MSA.

Guest TegRacer324

I know this is kind of a dumb question as I haven't really looked into doing it yet, but for doing a custom rear panel do you just cut out the old panel and then start welding in the new one? Do you have to do any bracing to keep the body straight or anything?