HybridZ

L28s in the 11's at SEZ!!!!

Garrett76Zt

Hey all,

I just rolled in from the event about 10min ago.

Well although the quantity of cars for the event was a bit low, I thought the quality was really good. Being an L28 guy I was especially happy to see multiple L's in the 12's(myself, thumper, 240hoke, Evildky) and yes 2 cars in the 11's(me and thumper), with 3 cars hitting 120+mph(me,thumper and Austin)!!! Especially since Thagard retired his TT L28 beast.

Some of you may know, I just built my motor this past week and a half and was basically doing my break in miles on the way to the event as well as tuning. We rolled into Reynolds on Sat night and made some tuning pulls on some country roads. The car felt good on 18psi.

Next day at the track I was gonna throw race gas in and more boost but decided to make a "street tune" pass. First pass off the street as follows:

60' - 1.728

330 - 4.983

1/8 - 7.621

MPH - 94.35

1000 - 9.919

1/4 - 11.856

MPH - 117.05

After that i was pretty happy and just relaxed for half the day. The pressure was on for Austin(240hoke) and Ted(Thumper) to beat the time. And they proceeded to energizer bunny it down the track at least 20 times a piece. But they both rock because Thumper ended up beating my time with a blistering 11.6 and Austin was able to pull a 12.1 but at 125MPH!!!!

I will let them chime in on the details of their day.

After Ted beat my time I decided on a 2nd pass. so I lined up against him and well . . . he got me . . .haha. I blew the tires away with a 2.0 60', however this pass was at 1 more psi boost and the car went 12.0@120.98! Basically meaning with my 1.7 60' I should have gone 11.55 on that pass. I guess thumper was lucky, cause we came right back to stage and I tried to go up 1 more psi boost. Again I blew the tires away = 2.0 60' and as I was winding out 3rd gear something all the sudden changed. I went through the traps and noticed smoke. I ran a 12.5@111 so MPH was way down. It turns out I floated a valve and a rocker arm came completely off at about 5k rpm!!!

So my third/final/slowest pass of the day was a 12.5

I ended up putting it back together with no harm done and drove 400 miles home at 28MPG!! Couldnt believe it.

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!

OK chime in guys!!!

Guest 73Turbo240z

holset power FTW...

since thumper won't be on this thread for some time, wanna share what his PSI level was for these passes? knowing him he was probally pushing around 22ish.

i'd like to know how ya'lls trannys managed to live that long... as mine let go after on 3 passes tonight at the local 1/8th mile track.

who's got the footage btw?

i have alot of video, thumpers best time was 11.67. He ran his car like 24 times? We counted the time slips. He ran a 11.67, 11.76, 11.88, and a couple 11.9 somethings. He had alot of passes very low 12s. He seemed to run consistent. I beleive he said he was running 20 psi. I will post some vids tommorow.

"lucky" is the "friendly" form of trash talking we had going over the weekend. Lets just say he's lucky he got 24 passes and I only got 3. His turbo is bigger and at more boost and I was catching him on my 12.0 pass.

Anyways, All in the spirit of competition. You rock Ted! I seriously enjoyed hanging out with everyone.

Guest 73Turbo240z
i have alot of video, thumpers best time was 11.67. He ran his car like 24 times? We counted the time slips. He ran a 11.67, 11.76, 11.88, and a couple 11.9 somethings. He had alot of passes very low 12s. I dont know how "lucky" he is but his car is fast!!! I beleive he said he was running 20 psi.

sounds about right, like i said, i wish i knew how all those trannys lived through that.

i got 3 passes in puss footing my launch tonight @ 10psi... realized i'd left the EBC off, turned it on to make a 14psi pass... blew 1st and 2nd...

rediculous.

so when are the videos gonna be up? i'm pissed i wasn't able to go.

"lucky" is the "friendly" form of trash talking we had going over the weekend. Lets just say he's lucky he got 24 passes and I only got 3. His turbo is bigger and at more boost and I was catching him on my 12.0 pass.

Anyways' date=' All in the spirit of competition. You rock Ted! I seriously enjoyed hanging out with everyone.[/quote']

Plus your car was not 100% tuned was it???

Guest 280ZForce

good God...can't wait to have the holset on my 3.1L stroker....muhahahaha! very soon indeed!

f*cking awesome times to all u guys!

Plus your car was not 100% tuned was it???

Ivo and I tuned it for 18psi. I only had one run (i think) against Thumper with all rocker arms (:roll:) and It crept to 19.1psi. That run vs. Thumper was as follows:

Thumper Garrett

60' - 1.796 2.047

330 - 5.086 5.338

1/8 - 7.718 7.943

MPH - 93.60 95.34 :?:

1000 - 9.947 10.211

1/4 - 11.805 12.098

MPH - 121.54 120.25

Ivo and I tuned it for 18psi. I only had one run (i think) against Thumper with all rocker arms (:roll:) and It crept to 19.1psi. That run vs. Thumper was as follows:

Thumper Garrett

60' - 1.796 2.047

330 - 5.086 5.338

1/8 - 7.718 7.943

MPH - 93.60 95.34 :?:

1000 - 9.947 10.211

1/4 - 11.805 12.098

MPH - 121.54 120.25

Wo, i thought u were hooking like some 1.7 60s, man if you would have hooked that would have been an awesome run. Cool thing Austin found your lash pad though, worked out nice

Guest 73Turbo240z
Wo, i thought u were hooking like some 1.7 60s, man if you would have hooked that would have been an awesome run. Cool thing Austin found your lash pad though, worked out nice

What i don't get is Ted will pull good 60's at the track, my 60's tonight sucked, yet i still tree the crap out of him on the street.

irony.

Scottie and I did the calculation for HP based on this pass and it came out to 335.9 rear wheel HP. Keep in mind that is an average over the 1/4 not a Peak number like on the dyno which would be higher than 335. I'm pretty stoked!

I was hoping to crack into the 11's but with the clutch slipping It wasn't gnna happen, that and I forgot my boost controller so I was stuck running 15 psi and bested 12.610 @113.52 babying the clutch with a 1.967 60 footer, my first run while (first full boost run with new turbo) was an easy 13.173 @ 114.71, so I still think I can get 11's with a bit of tuning and new clutch

Awesome times guys....Violacleff if your interested in having something at a track in Calif. PM me.A couple years back a few Hybrid z members got together at Sacramento Raceway and had a great time.BTW I ended up running an 11.1@125mph.