HybridZ

My Vintage Air Install is almost complete *PICS*

qwik240z

The Vintage Air GEN II Mini Evaporator unit fits nicely in place of the stock heater unit.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_011.jpg

The unit comes with 2 defroster outlets and 3 vent outlets. There are also heater outlets on the bottom.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_012.jpg

We used bulkhead connectors for the heat and A/C lines.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_016.jpg

We re-routed the heater hoses under the fuel rail covers. A/C hoses are concealed in a thermal heat sock to conceal and keep down the heat.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_0151.jpg

Condensor and Dryer are up front.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_014.jpg

Sanden compressor from JCI for LS1 install.

AC_and_Rear_Brakes_013.jpg

This is the mini controller that is being installed in the location where the factory heater controls were.

image001.jpg

A trinary (sp?) safety switch is also being install to protect the compressor.

The install should be complete next week. Just in time for the warm weather.

David,

Sweet install. Nicely thought out and executed. You'll love that mini-compressor from JCI. The fit is great and it works very well. I've been running mine nearly three years now without a hitch. Just be sure to leak test the system before you button it up.:-D

Beautiful! Very clean job on the install. Any chance that you have more pics to post?

With these Arkansas muggy/hot/humid summers' date=' I think the Vintage air swap is for me!

Bryan

Dat240zg[/quote']

What other pics are you looking for?

My progress is pretty similar to yours. I've been working on reinstalling my dash and completing the wiring. I also bought a thermo-sleeve for AC line heat protection similar to the sock you installed. There are quite a few wires that are no longer used that I will take the time to clean up while I'm at it.

Let us know how it works.

David:

I guess that I was curious to see how you handled the area where the old HVAC controls were. Have you fabbed up a new panel to fit in the old place to mount the new controls to? Is the new control panel back lit in any way? I really like the clean look of the billet controls.

Thanks

Bryan

Dat240zg

David:

I guess that I was curious to see how you handled the area where the old HVAC controls were. Have you fabbed up a new panel to fit in the old place to mount the new controls to? Is the new control panel back lit in any way? I really like the clean look of the billet controls.

Thanks

Bryan

Dat240zg

Here's how I installled my VA Control panel' date=' I'm curious to see how David's will look.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108606

Mine's a slightly different style, but I think they both have built in lighting around the base of the knobs.

David:

Thanks

Bryan

Dat240zg

Bryan' date='

The knobs are back lighted. You can kind of see the illumination in the picture below. I will be doing something similar to what Bartman has done in this pic.

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/DSCF2302.JPG[/img]

I am thinking of centering mine on a black filler panel that I will try to match to the original wrinkle finish of the stock panel. I may decide to mount it in the upper half of the space and install some switches or additional gauges in the rest of the space. Don't quite know yet. More then likely, just center it and be done with it. The "while I'm at it syndrome" is really getting to me.

image001.jpg