HybridZ

wonder if you've seen this b4!!!

DrEaM

ok so i was on classiczcars.com right and i was wondering if anyone has ever seen this front body kit peice for a classic datsun but everyone just started talking mess and dogging me out because i wanted to change the lines of the 280z anyways this kit has its flaws like uhh those turn signals :icon52: i'm mean what the hell, :icon51: all that work and they just halfway finish the turn signals anyways let me know what you guys think........

1-907-ZC_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 280ZForce

eh it's ok...but i dont think it goes w/ it. something just doesnt look right about it to me. it was made for a differ car and fabbed to fit that Z wasnt it?

It's actually an aftermarket piece for the Toyota Supra. When that picture first surfaced years ago, there was a guy who posted that knew the guy that did the work for it to fit on a S30. He said that the guy cut it in half, then pieced it back together to fit the width of the Datsun. Also said the guy did a few of these on the side, but this is the only picture floating around as far as I know.

EDIT: Oops, there is another picture of that same car, but it's just the side view. It shows how it fits the front rather akwardly.

I'm one of the people who really like that front end. I don't think it is mismatched for the car at all. I'd love to see the same thing produced so much that I have passed along the picture to my fiberglass friend so he can duplicate one. There's money in front airdams since every Z 'needs' one.

Davy

I know I saved both front and side shots of that Z. You want me to post the other shot? It didn't look all that great from the side if I recall correctly. It jutted out to far in my opinion. It was different and that's why I liked it, but look at the way he mounted it. There has to be a better way.

would really like to see a side shot of that.. i like the front view so far but really would like a diff profile and see how it was attached..

reminds me of that pic i saw floating around where someone split and narrowed the front end of a Ford Taurus to a 280.. odd looking but the work that went into it made it nice

Guest levelhead86
I have a bumper like that. One of my z friends have it on his car.. a bit dusty.

Some swedish dude that designed it a long time ago. The side flashers are from Celica 96mod or somthing around there.

That actually looks pretty damn good...

yeah i would love to see some side shots of that airdam i have a 280z and i freakin hate the HUGE bumpers they put on it i mean yeah they can prevent from damage if you hit bumper to bumper but with all these suvs!!! :shifty: i'm pretty sure it probably wouldn't help too much anyways i really like the black one also i just want something diffrent it just seems like everyone has the same airdam, everyone has the same wheels and yeah they are nice but nothing really stands out but yeah here are some crappy pics of my car

Image006_thumb.jpg

Image000_thumb.jpg

Image024_thumb.jpg

it looks good i think. but ur right dont mention aftermarket stuff on classiczcars. most are old and get butt hirt if u mention anything thats not original. one of the reasons i dont post there as often as i use to. i feel more at home here.