HybridZ

Datsun 240Z With Arazona Z Car 4 BBL Intake

Guest temeculaz

Guest temeculaz

This is for all of you stuck in 1972 I decited to make the bold move of junking my SU'S and heading off in to unknow of 4 BBL manafolds and 4BBL carbs:shock:, I bought a brand new in the box 4BBL intake and 6 into 1 headders from Arizona Z Car :burnout:I just got it all hooked up yesterday and went out for a drive and I must tell you it was one of the best drives I have ever had and for one reason only my car ran better than it ever has in the 3 years I have had it!!!:D and not once did I have to stop and mess with the carb because it just worked. Now I have had my share of Z cars over the years and I like my SU's just as much as the other guy but it is time to step into the 21st century because this is the way to go guys, I am telling you if you ever wanted to do this the time is now. you will never go back. Horsepower and fuel economy all in one.

Arizona Z Car 480-844-9677 Dave

http://www.arizonazcar.com

Guest temeculaz

I just got so excited about my Z just working I had to tell someone anyone and I did look for some 4BBL Threads but did not find them I will look again.

Thanks very much. Ed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the four barrel got significantly worse fuel mileage than the SU's. I had SU's for years and my car always started on first turn and ran like a dream. I'm not sure any form of carburation is 21'st century since there's fuel injection.

I'm glad that your car is running better than ever though. And if it takes slapping on a Holley than so be it.

Guest temeculaz

Hi and thanks for all the replies, I am glad that everyone who had SU's had good luck with them but I never did there was always a problem with them in my case. But I also like things simple the only thing run by a computer on my car is the new crane Ignition system.when you start putting fuel inj in your early Z it just seems like a lot of work and something else to go wrong. And I did not put a 600 double pumper on my Z it's just a 390 CFM with electric choke so I don't even have to mess with the choke lever any more. But I am impressed with some of the Z pictures I have seen on this site and I have a lot of great Ideas now.

Thanks for all the feed back guys.

Ed.