HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

SUs, header straight back through a 2.5 tube to a turbo muffler, some sorta cam, "other interior engine work" is what the PO said, umm...not much else...individual air cleaners...no emissions...it is too loud...not fun for the highway.

It kept up with a z32 n/a that was modded.

beat a fairly new corvette last year...guy couldn't drive.

I started sanding my carbs the other day. Just did 400 grit wetsanding on one carb. I need to pick up some higher grit paper to finish polishing and some of that Mothers aluminium polish. I am going to start removing all the unnessary wiring and I plan on pulling the motor and tranny to clean everything up. I may even start a turbo setup with a junkyard block. Depends how much I work this summer. I may just build the N/A motor with tripple webbers and who knows what else...I may go crazy and build a turbo motor with a holset...

should be making an update tonight. I have my last finals for my composition and rehtoric, interpersonal relations, and my last welding course on this coming Thursday. Once that is done then I will be working on my Z a lot more. I want to improve some areodynamics stuff this summer so that should not be too hard. Maybe drop in that 82-83 BW 5 speed tranny. Maybe a Dakota Digital guage cluster as well.

thanks Phantaz! the red/black is going to be easy since the interior is already that and so is the motor...I didn't even think about that when I was getting the red paint.

I have finals this week so I will be busy. I did get the dash mounted in the car but it is not right...the curve is not curved enough...DUH...so Now I am going to do something creative to fix it...definitely not making another one...I still need to make the switch board and console...that stuff should be easy.

I have am making a template for a splitter/body pan...I don't know if I have enough aluminium to do it in one piece but I may be able to do it in two pieces. The cardboard stiffens up the polyurethane air dam a lot so I am going to go ahead and cut out the aluminium. I will really post some pictures later tonight...

oh yeah...the wiring harness is now out...redoing it all for a new central plate with everything layed out very neat.