HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

Back on track with some shots of my #3 piston that was scoring my cylinder wall.

Here is one of the bearing halves

m48490814.jpg

the top of the piston after some minor cleaning.

m48491074.jpg

The other half of the bearing.

m48490978.jpg

For some reason "ampco" does not sound very original.

m48490932.jpg

Connecting rod end.

m48490886.jpg

bearing part #

m48491119.jpg

my neighbor's 350 SBC 75'. It was built in 92' and is for sale...oh well.

m48491025.jpg

nope..240s and 260s had flat tops.

All I can figure is I damaged it when I exploded my tranny and I topped out the tach (8k rpms) or at the tail of the dragon with my junky oil.

Both did some wear on the motor... What is crazy is that it keeps making power up to high in the 6k range.

My neighbor's Z is pretty good. Sounds incredible and has no body squeaks. Suspension is mostly stock though. It is a show car by far. It probably weighs 600-700 pounds more than my Z...

this is still a mystery part...

m44012811.jpg

The threaded hole is for the Nissan rear main bearing cap removal tool. You can also thread any hardened bolt of the correct thread into that hole, put a vise grip on it, and pry up on the vide grip with a pry bar to remove the rear cap if it's stuck.

sweet thanks!

Here is my latest sketch. I call the body kit the "Maverick". Made it just to think of some different body mods...notice anything missing?

m49282225.jpg

Front bumper? intercooler(unless it's hidden under the mesh) Although I do see Front air ducts for brake cooling I'm diggin the look. The front end reminds me of some SRT's that are running crosshair-less with just a big front mount filling the gap.

drivers side wheels... I'll upload a more completed version. It has a top mount intercooler on the passenger side. I think that ducts should be used because I had my brake fluid boil once and that was scary. Pedal went way in and no brakes...I just downshifted to slow down with what little brake I had. I just got on a long straight road and let the lines cool off.

well here is one of my last updates for a long while. I did some more rustoleum painting yesterday and today. I was washing my car off to roll it into the garage for winter and I decided to grab a piece of 400 grit sandpaper and see how shiny I could get the paint.

Before it was just unsanded rustoleum like so:

m50524098.jpg

Then after some 400 grit paper and then Mother's aluminium polish.

m50524279.jpg

So I decided to put some more paint on it of a darker color. I mixed some of my black and red paint and made this color:

m50558136.jpg

I just did a lighter color today

m50671651.jpg

my poor engine over there...the outer color is the one I was trying to get with red rustoleum. The "regal red" came out to be bright like my Dad's 944t. Not what I wanted. I like a darker red. A black stripe will be going down the middle.

m50671347.jpg

wetsanding woes... go inside and everyone freaks out 'cause I am covered in "blood"...

m50671453.jpg

• 1 month later...

well While I have been away at college the transmission and other parts that were on the garage floor got condensed down into the car. The tranny is in the passenger seat and the intake setup is in the trunk area. The 944 can now reside in the garage along with the Z...

Still looking a rebuildable F54 block since a certain member decided he did not REALLY want his name on my Z...J/K there.

Anyway I really am looking for an exhaust manifold and turbo to begin mocking up a turbo system on my L26.

The plan is to do soething completely different. Ithas been discussed on here before a long time ago. Consecutive turbochargers. I will probably use a stock turbo and then an HY35W as the second stage turbocharger. The plan is to always be making boost from 2300 to the top end. I have made several different ideas to keep the primary turbo from starving the secondary turbo of air.

Lots of cool ideas brewing in my brain here at college.

but I am not diong side by side turbos...my setup will initially us a stock turbo manifold and mostly stock turbo with a huge wastegate. then all the exhaust will go into the holset turbo. I'll need to fab an elbow from the t3 to the hy35w and all of the wastegate tubing. the first wastegate will dump into the holset to help it spool sooner. I won't be making much boost overall (maybe 15psi top) but I will have good boost for most of the power band. Better to have lower boost with no lag than to have high boost and lots of lag.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am back home after having to withdraw from college. I broke my jaw in a bicycle accident and could not get enough nutrition down there. Try 700-900 calories a day...

Anyway I am looking to start my turbo engine. Su carbs, medium boost, non intercooled, and a stock T3 turbo. Behind the T3 will be a larger turbo (maybe holset) to get high end boost when the T3 runs out of air. Not sure what BOV yet. Still looking for what is cheap. I would like to get my hands on an F54 block to use. I ave a P30 block but that won't really work well for my setup except for mocking it up. We'll see how long it will last done up cheap.