HybridZ

240z stroker turbo w/tripple webers?

hoov100

bjhines, oh my someone who is far more knowledgable and respected in the Z community that I has supported much of what I stated!! Fancy that. :)

In answer to your question, NO I do not have Webbers I have Mikuni carbs. I never said anything specific to Webbers, Mikuni, or any other carb manufacturer...just that a turbo triple carb setup will work and has been done time and time again over the years.

And I have to agree with jmortensen's last post!

i said screw it on the turbo w/tripples idea, so i sold the motor with all forged internals, the race ported e88 with custom ground isky cam, n42 valves, and the rebuilt carbs, got $4k cash, so i went down to a local used car dealership and bought an N/A 95 300zx.

super funny. Hoov100 ditch'd this idea about 20 posts ago. good times Z people ... nothin like ego's to keep a post going :willy_nil.

Thats pretty cool that you're going with the Z31(vg30?) motor are you gonna turbo that? And how much fabrication is needed to put that into your 240? Keep us posted!

i said screw it on the turbo w/tripples idea, so i sold the motor with all forged internals, the race ported e88 with custom ground isky cam, n42 valves, and the rebuilt carbs, got $4k cash, so i went down to a local used car dealership and bought an N/A 95 300zx.

Smart move.

super funny. Hoov100 ditch'd this idea about 20 posts ago. good times Z people ... nothin like ego's to keep a post going :willy_nil.

Thats pretty cool that you're going with the Z31(vg30?) motor are you gonna turbo that? And how much fabrication is needed to put that into your 240? Keep us posted!

what :?: i bought the z32 to become my daily driver, maybe even a turbo swap, but im propably going to keep it auto, i love stick, but auto is just easier for a daily driver, dont wanna get knee problems at 16. ill post pics tonight,

OOOOOh my bad! I thought you were keeping the 240 body and tranplanting the Z32 engine. thanks for clearing that up. wow you sold the 240 and got the 300zx really fast... the guys here were still fighting over weather or not you should do it and you didn't even have the car any more... AWESOME! Good luck with your Z32.

lol... Tony D.... well I have caught him up to his eyes in bull#*** before....

Gimme a break... saying that it exists... that is fine... but I guarantee it doesn't work well at all... there is simply no way it would turn the kind of numbers that a fuel injected car will turn with ANY RELIABILITY....

Tony D... lol.... I can provide some linkys to a recent...VERY EMBARASSING THREAD... lol....

You know that makes me nervous too cuz I spill BS all the time. Do you have a link of me saying something embarassing that you kept a record of?

COOL :

scrutiny meter lo[-----|---------]hi

NOT COOL :

scrutiny meter lo[-------------|-]hi

Just click on my nametag... previous posts... with pics...

I have had terrible experience with T.D.... http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=642371&t=642284#reply_642371

This went on and on in these threads as well.... http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=643552&t=643552#reply_643552

until T.D. finally went off the deep end with assinine claims about how there is no scale in the world that reads the same weights... http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=644604&t=644307#reply_644604

about Tony D.... YES.. bitter would be the word...I spent a GREAT DEAL of time defending myself against him in those posts about header weights.. he is abusive first.. AND lying to boot.. and completely unwilling to engage in the world of reasonable discussion... just read the posts...

Any mention of Tony D. throws up red flags in my book...

I will try to refrain from mentioning him..

in any case... everything I posted about blow through Webers in this thread is fully supported by all sources... it is no longer the only way.. or the best way to get high performance....

Nobody ever said that the blow through was the only way or the best way it is just ANOTHER way. It's different, that's all. I don't want to start another pissing contest. My friend is making a LOT of very usable horsepower on a small block chevy with a blow through supercharger. The same principles should apply with a blow through turbo. It may not be the best way, but it looks cool.

Any mention of Tony D. throws up red flags in my book...

I will try to refrain from mentioning him..

YOu should have NEVER posted negative stuff about his persona in the first place. That's not in the spirit of HybridZ in the first place.

You have been warned. Do it again and you are GONE.