HybridZ

here we go again...

veritech-z

anybody familiar with www.race-cars.com? you can buy old race cars/parts/trailers whatever, and here are a few highlights:

1128737584wa.jpg

For the low price of $35,000 us, you could own the 1994 SCCA GT4 national champion toyota tercel...

1146616613wa.jpg

or parts to turn your vg30 into a 750-1000hp electromitive gtp engine...

1098459638wb.jpg

or an ilmor cheverolet 265 indy motor...

1126773358la.jpg

100,000 euro?

1116014848wb.jpg

or for$30,500 us you could have this, just without the turbo...

here's some more highlights:

1063835762wa.jpg

1,200,000 united kingdom pounds...

here's one of my favorites, a 1979 ac (makers of the cobra) 3000 twin turbo:

1130618461wb.jpg

and for the ultimate in WTF!? goodness, i present this:

1076639389la.jpg

1076639389wd.jpg

1076639389wg.jpg

let's see them drive THAT in the fast and the furious, tokyo drift...

I actually think it's kinda cool. Here's the link to the Ad, Veritech-Z wins, it is in fact a 72 351 Mustang. http://race-cars.com/carsales/ford/1076639389/1076639389ss.htm

This outrageous looking one of a kind vintage road race car has great history having been raced all over Europe including the British BARC series driven by Roy Yates. This highly developed car was built for the British version of IMSA with the best engineering available at the time including aero development by the Benton F1 team. Extensive documantation is included with the car. It has been well developed and restored to race trim with safety and brake mods to bring it up date for historic competition (HSR Log Book and SVRA legal).

The Shop that that Last Cosworth Engine is in. Ive been to that guys shop a few years ago. I talked to them about building my old DSM engine. Soon as I walked in the door, I knew I was in the wrong spot. Nothing but older 4 cam Historic Race Engines.

I think that Mustang is pretty bitchin. One thing that's kinda weird is it looks like it's set up for circle track. The suspension is way higher on the right, and the seat has the right side helmet brace.

Still, I'd take that thing to the track for sure! I can only imagine the looks you'd get in that thing!!! :lol: Can you imagine blowing by some guy in a new Mustang with that thing?!? That'd be awesome!

Well, it is a tube frame, and it does have this listed:

* Construction: fibreglass doors, hood, fenders, hand made aluminum rear fenders, spontoons, undertray/tunnel

* Taylor Wing, aluminum front air dam/splitter, Lexan Windows

So who knows??? I don't think it's "light" regardless...

I'm guessing that's the rear flare but according to wikipedia a spontoon is something entirely different:

A Spontoon is type of European lance that came into being after the pike-man craze, coming into play in the middle of the 17th century. Also called the European half pike, this very much resembled a pike that had a much shorter staff; usually no more than 7 feet long. The spontoon is remembered for being more of a signaling weapon than a polearm of war. This has the honor of being one of the only pole weapons which stayed in use long enough to make it into American history. As late as the 1890's the spontoon could still be seen accompanying marching soldiers.

In that context I definitely would not want a fiberglass spontoon...