HybridZ

My Boss punched me in the side while I was reaching up under a car on the lift...

BLOZ UP

...and I dropped my 3/8" craftsman ratchet, which somehow blew apart (snap ring) and lost the spring, rendering it useless.

So the Snap-On guy came by and I forked over $77 bucks for the same damned thing....

Grrrrr...

Should have run down to your local Sears and picked up another one.

How much do you make an hour?

How far is Sears?

How far is your local Wal-Mart which sells Stanely to get you by?

$77 bones ain't chump change for a 3/8 ratchet,,, ouch!

Should have run down to your local Sears and picked up another one.

How much do you make an hour?

How far is Sears?

How far is your local Wal-Mart which sells Stanely to get you by?

$77 bones ain't chump change for a 3/8 ratchet' date=',, ouch![/quote']

Per job, 30% of the job.

Not very far, but it was closed.

And not very far, and I should have done that.

The one tool I would never buy from Snap-On when I was wrenching was a ratchet. They had the worst ratchets around about 7 or 8 years ago. I actually preferred Craftsman to Snap-On at that time. Maybe they've gotten better, but the models that they sold from say 20 years ago to 10 years ago with the two little phillips head screws that come loose and allow the whole thing to get really sloppy suck big time. Not to mention they had like 8 clicks per 360 degrees of rotation.

Best Wratchet I have ever owned. Of course I dont own one anymore and now I have a knock off version of the same thing without the soft handle ( plastic handle ) I think I paid 80$ for mine back in the day. Few Years Back, lost it in a bad business transaction.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=67464&group_ID=228&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

I got my new one for 30$ I think, now that I dont make a living with tools everyday its not as big of a problem.

Yeah, a friend of mine was raving about that one right when I got out of wrenching, although I don't think they had the comfort grip model back then. I remember that the ratchet mechanism was a lot finer.

The POS I was talking about is this one: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=15221&group_ID=12898&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Overpriced CRAP IMHO.