HybridZ

can someone build or design in CAD air horns for me?

JaysZ

Whilst browsing the plumbing aisle at Casa de Pot I saw bell-shaped pipes. They are chromed brass, and made me think of a Hilborn injection setup poking up through the hood of a fuelie Corvette. 40mm is roughly 1.5" and drain pipes come in 1.25" (bathrooms) and 1.5" (kitchens).

Guest xtrmgt
To fit 40mm Mikuni PHH carbs. I need 6 horns. If its cheaper than what MSA sells it for, i'm interested :)

do you have some dimensions for them? I can model them up and get a quote from a friend. can't guarantee they would be cheaper but it's worth a shot

sorry for the poor quality.. this probably isn't the most accurate of measures but hopefully this works.

124hez6.gif

124hf2c.gif

JustinOlson and 74_5.0L_Z both those sites are pretty sweet. i think i might order some horns of appropriate length (any suggestions?) and design some flanges (or a one piece flange for them all) using emachineshop and weld it all together.

thanks keep the ideas coming! :)

How long do you need them? I got a plate of aluminum and had a machinist mill the correct hole for my 44 Mikunis. He then used a carbide 3/8" router bit to machine the air horn. If I had it to do over again I would drill out the threaded hole in the carb and put the cap screws on the back side of the carb and have them thread into the airhorn that way it would be smoother.

stacklets.jpg

stack_close.jpg

Jon, that plate is really cool! My buddy at work bought some of those velocity of sound stacks, and they were really nice when they came in. He built himself a crazy manifold using them on his 330whp saturn SL2...

8021524217.jpg

This picture is after he cut them to siamese the stacks, I couldn't find one of a before picture...if anyone is interested, here is the link to www.turbosaturns.net where he shows his whole buildup: http://www.turbosaturns.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27966&highlight=velocity+stacks

Well, in his case, the advantage to having them siamesed is that it was the only way they would mount up to his stock intake runners. He hacked his old plenum off, and made a new one out of 4 inch tube. personally I felt that the new plenum need to be a bit bigger, because once he slid that plate in, there wasn't much actual volume left over. If you follow that link, he has pictures of the whole setup and you can see what I'm talking about.

Go to ebay and put in weber velocity, there is a lot of stacks in there that could be modified with a different base plate that would work. It all matters how much time you want to put in to save some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

details, They are off of a set of carbs (mikuni phh) I installed on a car years ago that did not use the velocity stacks so I removed them and they have been sitting in my garage for about 15 years. they are chrome. If you want a picture I will dig them out and take a picture for you . They only problem is I cant do it until next week. I will let them go cheap.