HybridZ

new rear wing available with pics!!

fazzt73

Hi guys just finished the mold and i will have this wing available if any of you are interested im shipping one to a fellow member in the next couple of days, so you will hear his opinion im sure, here are some pictures.

PM me any questions you might have.

Thanks, Paulo.

DSC01974_thumb.JPG

DSC01983_thumb.JPG

DSC02793_thumb.JPG

DSC02799_thumb.JPG

I like the one piece design. You could put a small piece of clear Stonegaurd on the rear quarters to keep it from scuffing the paint. With three piece you always run into alignment issues and you end up drilling or bonding to the rear quarters....nevermind scuffing the paint.

A one piece is far better, the parts of it over the rear quarter can be relieved if they are likely to come in contact. A clearance of ~10mm should do it and that won't affect its effectiveness.

Paulo' date=' looks good but how does it mount? Wouldnt it be better made in a three piece? Dont want to scrath the sides when opening the hatch etc. Whats the price?

Terry[/quote']

i like the one piece from a manufacturing point of view it the has 2 3/8" studs coming out from the wing they are placed to be acces from the inspection holes in the hatch, i will supply a drilling pattern this is a 1st genaration part it was modeled on top of the car the backside of the wing is a mirror image of the car.

its fits like a glove, what i would use is double sided tape in the bottom of the hatch section that would give it the clearence and extra stiffnes.

i dont think it will touch the sides if somekind of material is added between the wing and hatch, Thanks.

Paulo.

I am now stuck between this design and a NASCAR flat aluminium one...your design seems so good plus my old BRE style one has horrid fitup. My BRE one seems like it is plastic and the bottom piece broke off so it is just a shell. I'll start putting a budget together for a new rear wing...I have to spend every penny I make carefully on my car...

I am now stuck between this design and a NASCAR flat aluminium one...your design seems so good plus my old BRE style one has horrid fitup. My BRE one seems like it is plastic and the bottom piece broke off so it is just a shell. I'll start putting a budget together for a new rear wing...I have to spend every penny I make carefully on my car...

a lot of these parts for old cars are just that, old parts that where made from the copy of a copy of a copy ending with terrible fitting.

I just got a "CLASSIC" spoiler from a well know Z parts store, i friend send it to me to make a 3 pc one he is molding on to his car, i couldnt belive how bad the fitting is, good think im choping it up i dont know how anybody could make it fit with out spending hours in bodywork.

Paulo.

Molds get old too. They warp, distort, get sat on. New parts out of an old mold can be as bad as copies of copies of copies.

I'm not really the spoiler/wing kind of guy but that looks nice. I second the request for more pics.

And by the way:

...I have to spend every penny I make carefully on my car...

Isn't that an oxymoron?