HybridZ

my new toy-cruise control-i love it!

1 tuff z

put cruise control in my 240z [over the past 2 weeks]. used it today on my way into work. pretty cool, set the cruise, turn on my tunes and humm along minding my own business. my right foot is free to roam around and i'm now keeping my speed out of the 'cop zone'. i love it!

Very cool Dave. I heard you might be down this way to see EvilC soon. Unfortunately, I will be in Cali so we won't be able to hang out. When I stripped my donor ZX I thought about keeping the cruise...maybe I should have. Got pics?

i purchased a kit, ties into the gm pcm [pin 50 i believe-speartech yellow wire], small control module i mounted on the console. took me less than 2 hours to install. works great, from about 30mph up to 75 mph-so far. i'll post some pics tomorrow as well as info about the kit. pic of the control head here; http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=7811&cat=500

• 2 months later...

the old style cruise units used a magnetic sensor on either the driveshaft or inline with the speedo cable and a vacuum powered servo [pulls on a cable attached to the throttle]. i believe they are still available for older cars without computers. the newer style [like i've installed] use an electronic signal and an electric servo. i tapped mine directly into the pcm [took awhile to determine which pin to use]. it's great in town-i'll set it at 35mph so as to avoid the dreaded speed creep and potential tickets. also nice on the highway so i can move my right leg around.

i'll check for you tonight. the install was pretty simple-ground, power, servo [mounted mine just below the pcm-pass footwell]-cable connected to the extra pin on the throttle butterfly. then tied the control head lighting into the dash lights so i had the dimmer function.

bill, checked last nite. i used the #21 pin [vss signal] on the red pcm connector which is purple/white [factory color] or yellow [speartech harness color]. used an inline splice. pretty simple actually-compared to the ls1 swap!

David' date='

Which pin number would that be? Would it vary from model year to model year of the LS1? Would you be able to post up photos of the actual tie in at the ECM?

Bill[/quote']

i checked with the place where i purchased mine and i'm able to purchase the complete kit for $205 [includes everything required for the install] + shipping from rochester, ny. anyone interested, simply email me and i'll get your z 'cruized'. i can receive $ via paypal but since i have a business account, you'll need to pay the paypal fees, otherwise a money order works best.

david

one_tuffz@yahoo.com