HybridZ

Fastest and or Quickest

It would be interesting to know who has the fastest and who has the quickest V8 datsun. I have seen a 240Z (sbc) from Chico California run 9.75 seconds in the quarter mile at Redding Drag strip. My 240Z (sbc) averaged 161 mph at the Silverstate Race in Nevada, timed by a radar gun. I am sure that there are faster and quicker cars out there, but how fast and how quick, and who owns them?

Hmmm, looks like when the software dumped the members who have not posted in a while (over 1-2 years?) that it cleaned up the list as well. Too bad--the list is more useful with more, not less, data. That's my guess anyway.

Davy

I like the idea of purging the list every year or so. Cars change ownership, members come and go, configurations no longer exist. Recent timeslips give the active HybridZ racers more relevance and credibility. I know other sites renew every year such as: "2006 timeslips" and archive the old ones for those that need to bask in "once upon a timeslip". At the very least the entry should include the date. BTW Maxtor, 161mph av. is smokin' What kind of aero mods are you using?

I think JNJ is running a R200 or maybe it's an R230. Anyway ZGAD is running IRS also and he's in the 9's, also is Corzette, he's in the 10's.

I think everyone else that is that fast is running a solid rear. There are several members like stony that are doing an install right now and they are well documented.

When I get the z out of paint PRISON I'll detail the 9 inch install and perhaps try to add some info to the sticky about frame rail strengthening since they are directly related.

Yeah we are running a R200 with u-joint half shafts. We are presently upgrading to CV-Joints now. After SEZ6 and breaking both half shafts we decided to do the upgrade. After popping both shafts, we had to take it easy doing burnouts and launching the Z as you can see in the videos. This year at SEZ7 you should see us doing real launches and should be in the 8's in the 1/4 using a R200 rear end.

We probally will upgrade the rollbar to meet NHRA certs.

John

I know what it takes to turn 10's, because I have a 1960 Falcon street legal, with a 428SCJ that turns tens. Broken axles, broken transmission, unibody ripped loose from where spring is hooked to unibody etc. The 9 second 240Z must have a subframe of some type, or the body is fit to a full chassis, or something like that, because the unibody is thinner metal than a 1960 Falcon.

He must have a 9 inch Ford differential. I can not believe that a r200 would last even one run. A 14 second street car is fast. I remember a 1964 GTO 389 tri-power would run 14.0 in stock condition in 1964. True 13,12,11 second street cars are rare, but there are some out there. A true 10 or 9 second street car is not very streetable. I would hate to drive 200 miles in my Falcon.

With 4.11 gears on a long trip, Fuel prices, loud engine, and high rpms at street legal speeds would make the trip uncomfortable. Now I have a built C6 trans, 9inch 31spline axles, and beefed spring purch. To have a car that runs 9's is awsome. Lots of hard work, and lots of money. If you have a 13, or 12 second 240Z be happy. Less broken parts and more streetable.

Dr_Hunt has a subframe with a 9 inch, Z-Gad and ourself do not. Z-gad has a better rollbar than us and his car is tied together pretty stout. Our car is just a plain Z car with a roll bar and some supesion mods, stock R200. We have broken our share of half shafts ( u-joints ) but we are converting to CV joints. Our car is not s atreet car, but could be if we put mufflers and street tires on it, My brother Jerry has done a lot of home work and he has figured out the do's and don'td, example high gear ratio lika a 3.55 and a 2 speed glide not a turbo 350. This way it is not so vilent when it leaves the line etc. Enough said, you can check out or web site www.jnjdragracing for more details.

John

I know what it takes to turn 10's' date=' because I have a 1960 Falcon street legal, with a 428SCJ that turns tens. Broken axles, broken transmission, unibody ripped loose from where spring is hooked to unibody etc. The 9 second 240Z must have a subframe of some type, or the body is fit to a full chassis, or something like that, because the unibody is thinner metal than a 1960 Falcon.

He must have a 9 inch Ford differential. I can not believe that a r200 would last even one run. A 14 second street car is fast. I remember a 1964 GTO 389 tri-power would run 14.0 in stock condition in 1964. True 13,12,11 second street cars are rare, but there are some out there. A true 10 or 9 second street car is not very streetable. I would hate to drive 200 miles in my Falcon.

With 4.11 gears on a long trip, Fuel prices, loud engine, and high rpms at street legal speeds would make the trip uncomfortable. Now I have a built C6 trans, 9inch 31spline axles, and beefed spring purch. To have a car that runs 9's is awsome. Lots of hard work, and lots of money. If you have a 13, or 12 second 240Z be happy. Less broken parts and more streetable.[/quote']

My 3.36 ratio R200 and Z31 300zx CV's have probably made atleast 50 passes in this car now without a hitch and probably a dozen 9.xxx passes. Launching a turbo car off of a footbrake allows me to preload the drivetrain and the R200 doesn't see the 600+ ft/lb of torque until it is already turning maybe 100 ft out or so. The car has a full cage in it, but nothing else is done to the subframe thus far. I also have no reservations about driving the car 300-400 miles to race it, and then driving it back home.