HybridZ

In A Perfect World..I would own this 600hp Beauty...

slownrusty

we built a twin turbo one for a local guy.. i have had the pleasure of working on a few pantera's. i almost bought one a few years ago.. i really really regret not doing in fact all car guys have on major car regret and not buying that car will probably be mine. one of the guys had one with a new 4.6 instead of the 351.. pretty cool stuff. anyway.. one of my faves so im right there with ya rusty..

Guest ON3GO
Lovely car. I have never seen one in person so I can't say how beatiful they actually are though. Only bad thing is its an auto. My personal preference is except for a full on out drag car auto's suck and sticks rule.

ted you saw one in person.

remember we saw that baby blue one in your Z when we tried to race that real fast C6 on 249...

Lovely car. I have never seen one in person so I can't say how beatiful they actually are though. Only bad thing is its an auto. My personal preference is except for a full on out drag car auto's suck and sticks rule.

look again, that car is manual, all panteras are. Its a ZF transaxle with a 5 spd gated shifter

.. zf tranny.. 1st gear is actually down and to the left by itself, second goes up to the right, then third straight down.. and so on.. its wierd.

six inches? my ***.. i have a video of the turbo one.. we had that fire wall protector plate thingy out while we worked on it. the water pump pulley is maybe an inch and a half from your right shoulder. the plastic cover piece has millimeters of clearance.. if you push hard enough.. you can push the cover onto the pulleys. sitting down..you can feel them through your back. those things are built funky. not to mention your feet go almost straight out instead of down. its like sitting on the floor, your heels are almost perfectly aligned with your *** across a vertical line.

.. but thats what i would do.. i like that front end best.. but that one doesnt have the delta wing :( oh well. nice car.. id like to have one with the Hall targa kit.

.. zf tranny.. 1st gear is actually down and to the left by itself, second goes up to the right, then third straight down.. and so on.. its wierd.

Damn maybe I should just keep my mouth shut I'd seem smarter that way:flamedevi So Reverse is up-left. And is the zf a 4-spd or 5-spd tranny Either way 3 gates.

Guest l28et

Im not a fan of Panteras. My friends dad had one in high school and I remember it have a very kit car feel. The engine bay looks unfinished, the seats were extremly dated, etc.

BUT these modern day examples with everything chromed out and flawless paint really do bring out these cars and make them nice.

I posted a while back about a local dealer with a few Panteras for sale.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=109034

73pantera5.jpg

73pantera9.jpg

Although I like the Ebays front bumper better, I like that black one above a LOT.

And to those talking about how close the pulleys are, etc... this picture comes to mind.

72pantera13.jpg

How bout them apples? Could you imagine is that went haywire?

http://affordabledreamcars-tx.com/

I've driven one, and believe me, your right knee won't last....The gas pedal location is AWFUL.

Usedo work at AutoMod Atlanta back in the 70's, and have driven Panteras, Porsches - turbos too, a Lamborghini Muira, Maserati Ghibli's, and a couple Ferarris - Dayton and Dino.

Guest l28et
I've driven one' date=' and believe me, your right knee won't last....The gas pedal location is AWFUL.

Usedo work at AutoMod Atlanta back in the 70's, and have driven Panteras, Porsches - turbos too, a Lamborghini Muira, Maserati Ghibli's, and a couple Ferarris - Dayton and Dino.[/quote']

Driving impressions of the Miura please. By far the sexiest car to come from Italy.

Guest ON3GO
Driving impressions of the Miura please. By far the sexiest car to come from Italy.

ive driven one.

it drove sorta like a a 308 Ferrari GTB.

sorta light feeling, you feel VERY low to the ground because you are.

it sounds amazing when you floor the sucker!

shifter feel sucked, pedal placement wasnt all that great either but i dont think any car that came from italy had good pedal placment.

car felt nice and tight for being such a old car.

i would own one in a heartbeat!

mike

What ON3GO said...Although I couldn't take it over 70, handling was great. Too bad engine and transmission were in one case.

The Pantera took the term "awkward pedal placement" to new heights -even for an Italian car.

I got to drive a Dino a lot more, and loved it! very tossable and the ride was great. A bit underpowered compared to the V8's and 12 bangers tho. I always wanted one....Just like I always wanted a Miura.