HybridZ

What to replace the Vette With....

Mikelly

What to replace the C5 Corvette With???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to replace the C5 Corvette With???

• 2005-2006 Corvette
    • 2004-2005 Dodge Viper
    • 2003-2005 BMW M3
    • 2002-2004 Porsche 911
    • 2007 Mustang GT500
    • 2003-2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG
    • 2006 Cadilac XLR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove a V6 06 mustang last week, rental car. Was surprised at how much power it had for as big, ugly, and v6ish it was. Returned it minus .8 and .9 rear tires and minus .6 on both fronts. I guess that parking lot area that I was teaching in must have had some sort of chemical on it. Anyway, I had the thing for almost a week, but becuase of the way the side glass is, when you shoulder check, the roof support beam appears to be a car that's sitting in your blind sport. The mirrors proved that there wasn't, but I could never trust them becuase I'm a habitual shoulder check and that beam would throw me off every time.

I heard two seperate newer M3's at an autoX earlier this year. Both appeared to be stock but I dont know for sure. I could not believe how UGLY the exhaust sounded. I'm not kidding they sounded like ricer Honda's. I actually argued with the other guy working the timing van with me over one as he swore it was a Honda ... until it hit the finish line and he could see it was an M3.

I'ld wait for the new rumored super-duper vette.

Good to hear your business is going well.

Cameron

I heard two seperate newer M3's at an autoX earlier this year. Both appeared to be stock but I dont know for sure. I could not believe how UGLY the exhaust sounded. I'm not kidding they sounded like ricer Honda's. I actually argued with the other guy working the timing van with me over one as he swore it was a Honda ... until it hit the finish line and he could see it was an M3.

I'ld wait for the new rumored super-duper vette.

Good to hear your business is going well.

Cameron

that rasp of the stock M3 is an acquired taste. i tend to like it... two of my good friends both drive M's however, they sure don't sound anything like a ricer Honda.

that rasp of the stock M3 is an acquired taste. i tend to like it... two of my good friends both drive M's however, they sure don't sound anything like a ricer Honda.

I have to say that the M3's stock exhaust is quite raspy, a bit like some of the buzzy Honda mufflers. However, all of the aftermarket systems for the M3 have significantly changed the sound for the better.

Mike, I still say 911. How many of the cars listed have you driven?