HybridZ

What to replace the Vette With....

Mikelly

What to replace the C5 Corvette With???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to replace the C5 Corvette With???

• 2005-2006 Corvette
    • 2004-2005 Dodge Viper
    • 2003-2005 BMW M3
    • 2002-2004 Porsche 911
    • 2007 Mustang GT500
    • 2003-2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG
    • 2006 Cadilac XLR

Since We've sold the 450BHP Vette, and now that the old house is under contract, the big question is what to replace the daily driver with?

This car will most likely not be used on track, and will be my daily car to go to work/ meetings in. Snow and rain will be the only time it won't be driven, and like with everything else, I'll be hard on it, just like I was the C5...

So what say You???

Mike

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say the new Z06 -- I've read some of your posts where you rave on and on about how badass they are...and I agree 100%

-The new Z06 a great improvement over the C5, which you've grown fond of (I don't think I read why you sold it),

-it is still quicker than the new GT500, and handling will be no contest

-I believe the Cadillac is pretty much the vette platform, but IMO the vette has the looks, and is probably a bit lighter

-I beat a C55 AMG with my v8 280zx (and I wasn't at full throttle either)

-I would say the 911 would be a close contender, and I really don't know too much about the new beemers...and from what I remember, WOT is supposed to sound like heaven in the new Z06.

I love all of those cars,but I voted for the Viper. It just depends on what you want. The BMW and the Merc both carry a prestege with them, but they are also maintainence whores. The Cadillac is nice because it is a vette with the Cadi comforts. I think that would be a nice sleeper, as well.(Hmmm, this would be choice 2) I love Porsche but I heard good things about them and then I have heard nightmares about them. I like the 911 because of its timelessness (if that is a word). They are a great looking car that seems to hold decent value (and respect) and then becomes a collectable, if you hold onto it. I just don't know about reliability and cost to maintain the thing. The Mustang would be great since they are so new and will be a hard to find item, but it is still just a Mustang. Besides, after the Vette I don't think the Mustang would be able to handle like you would want it. That leaves us with the Viper. Tons of torque, great handeling, more rare than a vette (at least in my area) and the reliabilty has gotten much better (or so I am told). Not to mention when you get the modding bug the Viper has a ton of things you can do to it. :) Well that is my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Mike that is a VERY broad range....WOW! A real mix of cars.

For Porsche you did not clarify which model...if you can afford the Turbo...well its a beast and 600hp can be extracted with no issues to the motor whatsoever.

The CLK55 I have driven extensively and its a 0-60mp/h in 4.9sec with the Auto (which is the only tranny choice).

If you want a car that says looks at me the Viper is the natural choice and is also pure brute.

If you need a 4 seater that limits your choice too.

This is a nice poisition to be in...!

Yasin

The dealership I work for is an Ed Morse property, and I went to our cadillac store yesterday for a meeting. They had a supercharged XLR there for the low price of $100,000 even. Neat car, well put together, but I think the Z06 is a better car at a better price. The new 07 porsche 911 turbos are going to be equipped with variable area nozzle turbos according to the literature, so that might be cool too...

I voted for the XLR. It's a familiar platform, will probably be familiar, plenty of power available and more easily accessible if you want it later on. I chose the XLR as a DAILY driver because it's a Caddie. The CLK would also make a nice driver, but it doesn't have the sexiness that the Cadillac has. (Thought I'd never call a caddy sexy.) You don't see many XLRs, at least up here in Sac, and you see a lot of CLKs. It's probably cheaper to maintain/repair/upgrade as well.

Vipers look sweet, but they don't really handle as well as people think.

Porsche's handle very nice, but it's totally different than anything else.

M3? What are you kidding me? Talk about a step backwards.

GT500, slow, heavy, huge, masculine looking.

Guest ON3GO

i know you didnt say it but can anybody say last model M5!!!

thats what im getting next. well next car is deff euro i know that for sure.

but out of all those choices and ive pretty much driven every single one except the mustang my choice is the porsche.

but if you dont get the turbo you wont be happy, i would be but i dont think you would.

if your not getting the turbo then i say viper.

mike

new Zo6 vette or wait for..this

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6050701.001/country/gm/chevrolet/corvette-blue-devil-spy-photos

With the latest supercar horsepower tango pouring out of Europe, GM can't stand to see the already potent 500hp Corvette Z06 gazed down upon as a second rate supercar. Instead GM is developing an alleged supercharged 600hp Z06 with carbon fiber components dubbed the "Blue Devil" as reported by Autoweek in a recent interview with General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz. With a curb weight hovering around 2900 lbs. and a price tag starting at $100,000 the European competition should be breaking into a cold sweat as the Blue Devil seen here making laps around Germany's Nurbürgring passes by.

Commentary:

There is no denying this devil in a blue dress will drop jaws with amazing performance but the best and worst part is the price tag. The price is the best part in terms of having an obtainable super car for non-millionaires. However, the worst part is the absence of status and exclusivity that comes with an exotic super sports car's astronomical price tag. Price it too low and the Blue Devil will never shake that second tier reputation no matter how good it performs. Bargains are for the frugal minded and in the realm of supercars this doesn't mix. It is well known that GM has the capability to build amazing cars of such caliber but in the midst of financial difficulty the Blue Devil is a bit inappropriate

Guest ON3GO

no offence but that blue devil is stupid at a buyers point of view.

its pretty much a Z06 with a vortech kit on it.. in my eyes atleast.

i know its a awesome machine and one FAST car, even at the 100K price tag.

but man, i cant see that selling very well.

cool car none the less..