HybridZ

What to replace the Vette With....

Mikelly

What to replace the C5 Corvette With???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to replace the C5 Corvette With???

• 2005-2006 Corvette
    • 2004-2005 Dodge Viper
    • 2003-2005 BMW M3
    • 2002-2004 Porsche 911
    • 2007 Mustang GT500
    • 2003-2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG
    • 2006 Cadilac XLR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest l28et

The BMW M3 and CLK are the two most practical, but the M3 gets my vote as the Mercedes is only offered in auto.

I think a fully loaded M3 convertible would make the PERFECT DD, stylish, well built, fast and rings in at around 65K fully loaded.

I'll take it in Silver Gray over Imola Red/aluminum. 6 speed, navigation, hardtop, 19s.

0632_A08_3qfront.jpg

0632_N5IM_737.jpg

OR a new M Roadster. Same drivetrain as a above, in a sports car.

Interlagos on Sepang Bronze/Aluminum

0630_A30_3qfront_LSSW.jpg

0630_LSA8_4MR.jpg

ORRRRRRRRR a 2003 M5. 400hp, 6 speed. Can find plenty of nice, low mileage ones for 50K or so. Dump some money into mods (exhaust, intake, wheels, coilovers) and you'll have the baddest 4 door on the block.

When you say Corvette, I assume you mean the Z06... Personally, I'd get a Z06 because they're so badass. Of course, Vipers are the flashy cars, so if you want a car all people, including unknowledgeables, can drool over, i'd go for that. Only some people will know what the Z06 is...Or, if you prefer European cars over American muscle, any of those is great, I don't have a particular favorite.

Here, I'll make a list of what I would get in order from most favorite to still-favorite-but-not-as-much-as-most-favorite (none can be considered a "least-favorite".)

2006 Corvette Z06 OR Dodge Viper (tied for first) 2002-2004 Porsche 911

2003-2005 BMW M3 OR 2003-2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG (tied)

2007 Mustang GT500

2006 Cadilac XLR

The BMW M3 and CLK are the two most practical' date=' but the M3 gets my vote as the Mercedes is only offered in auto.

I think a fully loaded M3 convertible would make the PERFECT DD, stylish, well built, fast and rings in at around 65K fully loaded.

OR a new M Roadster. Same drivetrain as a above, in a sports car.

Interlagos on Sepang Bronze/Aluminum

[img']http://www.bmwusa.com/LeadGenBYO/Images/VehicleImages/XAB60BMC131A0/front/0630_A30_3qfront_LSSW.jpg[/img]

0630_LSA8_4MR.jpg

ORRRRRRRRR a 2003 M5. 400hp, 6 speed. Can find plenty of nice, low mileage ones for 50K or so. Dump some money into mods (exhaust, intake, wheels, coilovers) and you'll have the baddest 4 door on the block.

YES!

My vote was for the M3, but I'm a bit biased :) I think I would try out the new M coupe, or roadster, now THAT is one hot and fun car. i dont know how you feel though about having two BMW's in the family.

I was watching the M test drive on Speed this morning. I know they're really just an hour long infomercial but that coupe was pretty sweet looking. Looks like what the 350Z should be. They even talked about the long hood and how you sit right in front of the rear tires. Sounded familiar to me. :)

Other than that I'd say go huge and go Viper. Regardless, I think your track car will be faster than whatever you buy.

ON3GO is having pretty good luck with his Scion....

If you go the Scion route and can't find your shoes, just check the big box, I mean Scion in the driveway.

Rumor has it On3go still can't find his penny loafers.......lol j/k

I wasn't referring to the Z06, Actually... It's a bad ride, but has some first and possibly second year teething issues, AND it's gonna be priced quite high for one more year... I'd settle for this for a Vette as a replacement...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1424800

This particular C6 Has been on my lift at the old place and is well done... I only need two seats, as we've got the wife's bimmer and my quad cab truck for more than two people hauling. This vehicle purchase is strictly for "me" and should reflect what we've accomplished w/ the company...

Every single car on the list is overkill, guys... I know this. But all are well within reach. The question is "should I"?

Mike

... This vehicle purchase is strictly for "me" and should reflect what we've accomplished w/ the company...

Mike

If this is to be used as a "company car" for meetings, and contract acquisitions, then I'ld look for some "class". BMW, M-B, maybe even the caddie.

I voted Viper because its that car that everyone wants but no one can afford! However having driven a Viper, I will say that it rides like a lumbar wagon. The suspension is sooooooo stiff for a daily driver. I think a C6 would be much nicer for a DD. I really like how the C5's drove/ride, much smoother for a daily driver.

Are you going to be modding this car? If so you'll have to remember that the Porche/BMW/Benz are going to more than likely require special tools to even the simplest things.

Guy

Guy, The C5s required a fair amount of specialty tools as well... Which kinda surprised me... As for what the car will be used for... I'll drive it every day to where I'm currently working, and to business meetings.

Costs... Right now I can get used 2003-2005 Vipers from $53,000 to 68,000. Vettes can be had all day long for around $38-42K used stock, and new you can get them for under $46,000. M3s are $60K new, and used hold their value well into the $50sK. Porsche 2002-2004 911 Cabrios are going from the low $40s to the high 60s. I haven't even priced the MBs yet.

Mike