HybridZ

Just finishing up a little side project...

TimZ

New Gauges!

Thought I'd go ahead and get them working while waiting on turbo parts to get ceramic coated. :mrgreen:

defi1.jpg

defi2.jpg

defi3.jpg

I forgot to turn on the marker lights - the lighting for the heater panel is now done with white LEDs (removed the green filter), and it looks great.

Just have to do the same for the speedo and tach now...

Sweet!

What are the center vents from?

Mario

The gauges are Defi Blackface gauges - in imperial units.

The vents are from a small aircraft of some sort - they are WEMAC "eyebal" vents. I got them off ebay - luckily the seller just posted them in the aircraft section, so there were fewer people looking. They are very nice machined aluminum pieces. I made an adapter to route the air from the stock vent outlet to the new vents.

If you take the puddle jumper from Denver to Gillette Wyoming that plane has those vents. Dont remember what kind of plane but it's maybe 20 passenger - about ten rows of one seat on each side. Kind where the pilot come in gives the seat belt speech, turns around and sits down so you can actually watch then during the flight. First time I saw the vents I thought they need to be in a hot rod.

Cameron

If you take the puddle jumper from Denver to Gillette Wyoming that plane has those vents. Dont remember what kind of plane but it's maybe 20 passenger - about ten rows of one seat on each side. Kind where the pilot come in gives the seat belt speech' date=' turns around and sits down so you can actually watch then during the flight. First time I saw the vents I thought they need to be in a hot rod.

Cameron[/quote']

they are also common on small cessna aircraft. above the pilot's heads by the wings, they push out and scoop air and blow it inside.