HybridZ

Tree Fiddy Z

johnc

"It was about dat time that I realized the salesman was 3 stories tall, and a monster from the Tri-assic era! I was like: D*mn it monsta, I just gave you tree fiddy last week! We work hard for our tree fiddy around here, we're not just giving it away!" He he, best episode of south park ever...

Nice 350z by the way, I would only be shopping for a white one myself. I test drove on with the nismo intake on it in a 6 speed, and found it to be a very stable and composed car for a vehicle of that weight. If we would have gotten one, it would have been an automatic for my wife though.

Well, unfortunately, engine mods are way down the list since I'm a chassis/suspension guy. Here's the basic plan:

1. At 2,500 miles corner weight the car and run it on a chassis dyno to baseline everything.

2. Give it the best performance alignement possible with stock components.

3. Measure to see if 285/30-18 Kumho V710s will fit all around (I think they might.)

4. Custom 18 x 10s from Kodiak.

5. Start autocrossing the car in BSP.

6. Develop suspension/chassis mods within the SP rule set.

7. Baseline the car against the national level BSP competition (Bob Tunnel's M3, Jason Uyeda's S2K, Buetlow's C4 Corvette).

8. Start a serious weight reduction program.

9. Start a serious SP legal engine development program.

10. Wonder what possesed me to tear a part a perfectly good car and spend thousands of dollars on it.

I always wondered what those things could weight if fully stripped. If it could get below 2900lbs that would be nice. Aren't they 3300lb stock? Even when the car has stock suspension are you going to run in BSP? And then see how the suspension does. Or are you going to run in BS then upgrade to bsp when you have to you?

I just read that the stock Z base model weights 3188lb. And some people have removed 300lbs. So looks like 2900lb should be doable. Maybe even 2800lb if you go more drastic.