HybridZ

Glad to be here

lucky

I'm Marc, and I'm the proud new owner of a pretty clean '71 240z.:mrgreen: I've been searching for one of these cars for over 5 years now and I finally came upon a clean one that was worth buying (and I found it in Alaska of all places). It will get a full restore job, but I haven't yet decided on the powerplant that I'd like. That's why I'm here, to research different options and see what suits me best. Looking forward to seeing what info you all have to offer, and I can't wait to start learning more about this car. :icon14:

congrats on the find!

I don't like the rear "bumper" or whatever that is. The stock z body lines look sexy back there without any help.

ridin' kinda low there aren't ya?

Yeah I'm not too fond of the rear end either. It's way too square for a car with such rounded lines. And yeah, it is pretty low.

Looks like tripple mikuni's, 6-2-1 headers, and mallory plug wires. It says built internals do you know the specs? If its the 10:1 that most people do should be good for a high 14's car. Yeah the bumper/rear valance is too square for my taste. Good luck with your build and make sure you know what engine you want before you start. Many a time including myself do hybridz members change what engine we are going to put into our cars mid project costing us some extra money. The most popular swaps in our z's, in no particular order are... l28et (280zx turbo), sr20det (silvia), rb25-26det (skyline), 2jzgte-7mgte (mk4-mk3 supra), 302-351 (Ford motors), ls1-lt1-350-383-454 (Chevy/Gm motors)

I'm not sure of the specs of the rebuild, I'm still in the process of tracking down the guy who built it and find out exactly what has been done to it. I'll be digging into it this weekend since I'll have 4 days off, so hopefully I'll find some more goodies and no rust.

Il lived in Lincolnton for about 20 yrs.. right in town.

I actually don't "live" in Cherryville, but thats what my address is.. I live closer to West Lincoln.

The stuff I pick up is from a custom cycle shop that I do coating for.. actually gotta go over there tomorrow to drop off and pick up.