HybridZ

My first attempt at video

Georgia Flash

Well I know I have not posted here in a long while but a lot has been going on in my life lately. I will not bore you with the details. Anyway I bought a digi cam the other day and here is my firs attempt at catching the beast for your viewing pleasure.

Feedback is always welcome. Here is the link. I hope this works.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2998803884867375526

Oh I almost forgot be sure to let it fully load for the best viewing possible. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys. You know its funny I cannot really get the thing to burn the tires like I thought it would but then again it does hook up really nice. I still need to get some carb guru to help me get it tuned just right. It is still running rich.

I also want to go with an MSD ignition. The car still has the original dizzy from the 75 donor Camaro. Just has a new cap and rotor but the internals are the same. Need to get around to getting that taken care of.

Thanks again guys, oh and by the way you can really here the engine/muffler at the end of the clip when the music dies out.

Hi Mike,

Yeah I know about the recent Georgia Hybrid meet but once again, I was working that day. I got your email but knew I could not go :(

The last few months have been hectic to say the least. I went through a tough hiring process with the Sandy Springs Police Department that almost made me pull my hair out! Worse yet I got the job only to discover that it was going to take me two hours to get to work (due to traffic on I-75 and I-285) and two hours to get home. In addition, I did not like to idea of not knowing the area well enough to comfortably work there. The Sandy Springs area (North Atlanta) is a pretty intimidating place to work for an old country boy like me ;) ha ha.

So long story short, I decided to go back to Acworth where I will be more comfortable in my surroundings. I am also a couple of years away from being vested there.

As for the Z, I have been experiencing charging problems whereas the car will slowly kill the battery even when idling. I am on my second battery and alternator. Do you remember the loud whistling sound coming from the engine when you were here? Turns out it was the alternator making the sound. I guess the bearings or something was messed up.

I have been doing a little research on the site trying to chase down the problem.

I will try to come to the next GA meet just keep me posted. If I have too I may take a sick day ;)

Fantastic!!! A bit on the long side but nice to watch. I bought a new mini disk recorder recently and need to "get with the program" of posting some vids of the Scarab and HybridZ.

I second axe the music or let it cut in and out on the accelerator runs.

No tire smoke, you're hookin'!!! What tranny are you running?

Way to go!!!

David

Mike,

The alternator is the same as was on the 75 Camaro with the internal regulator; it actually has three wires going to it. Well it had three I removed the blue wire for the light in the volt gage simply because I do not have the Datsun gage anymore with the warning light. The part number for the alternator is P7127M3 through Advance Auto Parts.

Funny I did not notice the battery drain the other day when I made the video. This was after I disconnected the blue wire and had charged the battery overnight.

David,

I have a 700R4 from a 1987 Chevy full size van. It too needs to be adjusted by a professional shop I am sure.

crazy canuck Z8,

I uploaded the video to Google for hosting. I also put it on a site called streetfire.net

It has to be approved by the uploading site then all you do is cut and paste a copy of the link to the video here so people can go see it. It was very easy to do.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Im the same here I wanna hear that MOTOR!!!, make another without the background music, takes to much of the engine sound away. Thats just shameful there.

Great looking car though and from what I can hear it sounds great!!