HybridZ

Auto Darkening Helmet Isn't

That's a retail coupon. Not going to work online.

As to 30% Pop, well I should be auctioning another HF gift card in the next week or two. I think it's going to be ~$150, so if you've got some other crap to buy from HF I might have you covered...

The helmet for $49 is "Lot number 46092" and the 15% off a single item coupon has a barcode with 41976119 under it. Both items were in a flyer I received in the mail with prices good thru 7-24-06. I guess I could tell them I'm a student also to get a further discount but my grey mustache ain't gonna fool them.The 15% off coupon is for in store purchases only.

Guest Phil1934

My solar helmet won't work if left in a dark place until needed. So I keep the welder in the garage but leave the helmet in one of the project cars.

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email coupon from Harbor Freight to get the auto-darkening helmit for $44.99:

Coupon number is 74088113 for item 46092 (could not get the link to post)

I couldn't pass it up after reading the posts here and I have to say for $45 this is a deal. I've welded for 10 years and this is the first time I have used an auto-darkening helmet. I will never go back.

Thanks for the info guys.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is a Miller Helmet like used on American Chopper (before they got all sappy in Europe). It has battery and solar, the opening in the front is really big. I've logged about 200 hours with it over the last 2 years and it never had a glitch. It has sensitivity adjustment and darkness adjustment from 9-14 ?(too lazy to go check). You can set it so sensitive that it darkens with the florescent light on the garage door opener. I think it was $275, but I wanted something with all the frills, I beleive it was a good choice with all those options. Also it had a battery low warnign light, I always keep it in the closet in my bedroom, and it hasn't died yet. It also has a button you press to turn it on, it'll blink three timees to tell you it's working. After 12 hours of welding 50% duty I had no red eyes like with my old helmet which I had to akwardly lower (never could get a good head shake down) and usually I'd end up with a weld that srated just about 1/8" out of place, or get flashed at least once an hour. Much better now, and I don't have to forget to lower it, cause I can keep it down all the time.

It also worked really well outdoors in full sunlight because of the sensitivity and darkness adjustment. No, I don't work for miller, and I have a Lincoln welder. :icon42: