HybridZ

what will it do?

Traction is going to be a big issue here. My friend Mike D had higher HP than that and his V8 could rev to 7000 rpm, yet he could only manage 13's due to severe traction problems. That's what you get with relatively skinny street tires. I think shifting a 5 speed made it a little slower too.

On the other side, dmanzo's car, a 383 EFI with automatic and DRs (I think) ran approx 10.9 sec. It's the fastest Z I personally have driven; so smooth you'd never think it's as fast as it is.

Davy

Yup, they are quick, that's for sure. When I raced in Alb last time I raced a 427BBC powered vega. Tree'd him and pulled him in first pretty good. 10.41 to a 10.86. Those z's are deceptively fast! At the end, he asked what in the world was in that car? Ha ha, wouldn't he like to know.........

Traction is going to be a big issue here. My friend Mike D had higher HP than that and his V8 could rev to 7000 rpm, yet he could only manage 13's due to severe[/i'] traction problems. Davy

That's the truth. When I made the change from the 195/70 13's to 245/45 18's the car took on a whole new meaning. It still looses traction above 4500 rpm in 1st and goes sideways in second. And the car weights about 2800.

You need D/R's, so do I.

Guest zfan

My 240Z weighs 2850 with me in it and a 1/2 tank of gas. It is a 383 with an auto and doesn't feel real fast but runs 10.80 at 125. I murdered a 2001 LS1 Camaro with heads, cam, exhaust and a 100 shot to boot.

Ran a Trans Am that had a 6 liter LS motor installed with heads, cam, headers, stall and slicks. Got him by 2 cars with me spinning big time.

I only dyno 360-370 rwhp and 420-430 rwtq. HP to wieght gets them every time.

Mike

Thanks for the guesses... your probably right about the weight... I last weighed it with the s-six and no interior whatsoever... Alot of people seem to think that it wont be as fast as i think it will. I dont have a proformance cam or a lsd diff... what can i do about keeping traction?

A buddy of mine was running 14.2 w/ his v8z... pretty slow. it was an old 350 truck engine... i hope to at least get in the mid- 13's:burnout:

Guest Dyno_Ron

Looks like about mid 12's (assuming you get a bite). I guessed vehicle+driver weight - you can adjust accordingly if you desire.

For hints on race day - try to get a good launch, spinning the tires kills et very quickly. No more fuel than you need. Remove any loose items (spare tire, toolbox... - no need for the extra weight), have your tires at the correct psi, make sure you have a double throttle return spring, a closed cooling system or a radiator overflow bottle, no loose trim rings on the wheels, possibly bring a helmet and long sleeve shirt - depending upon your tracks rules.

http://www.virtualengine2000.com/FreeCalculator.htm

1Nealio240z91.jpg