HybridZ

l28 forged pistons

Guest dan4011

higher res available by request...

so what are these things?

(new problem btw - i sacked all these things in ziplock bags for shipping, then sharpied the bag with piston number... engine oil ate my sharpie, and now i'm not sure which is which... wtf do i do about that?:ugg:)

IMG_1565_thumb.JPG

IMG_1567_thumb.JPG

IMG_1568_thumb.JPG

IMG_1570_thumb.JPG

(new problem btw - i sacked all these things in ziplock bags for shipping, then sharpied the bag with piston number... engine oil ate my sharpie, and now i'm not sure which is which... wtf do i do about that?:ugg:)

check the sides of the con rod and con rod cap: they should have the cylinder number stamped on them.

you guys are the best - I think I'm going to try to put about 15 lbs on these pistons - more if someone convinces me to do something silly, but it seems the consesus that the weak spot in the setup will be a 50 dollar head gasket... Need to order a fuel rail and an MS2 soon...

edit: p.s. what would the roughened area of piston look like if it was forged? smooth?

Edited by Valmont
?

you guys are the best - I think I'm going to try to put about 15 lbs on these pistons - more if someone convinces me to do something silly, but it seems the consesus that the weak spot in the setup will be a 50 dollar head gasket... Need to order a fuel rail and an MS2 soon...

edit: p.s. what would the roughened area of piston look like if it was forged? smooth?

Those are higher compression than L28Turbo (dished) I will be replacing mine for forged soon...I found a set of Ford forged pistons that work with 240z rods.

Yes, on forged, everything is machined. The sides will be smooth with the micro grooves from machining; similar to the top. Even the insides will be machined and not have any rough texture to them.

• 2 weeks later...