HybridZ

NewTech brakes...

i would be happy to test the brakes at laguna seca on my z -and test them on the way there and going home.should reduce rotor warpage.will probably be oem on expensive cars but i dont think a company like ford would spend the money for this set up even though a windstar could really use these brakes.

• 4 years later...

ok... I did not see anything pertaining to a sports car application...

The thing on the website is for commercial vehicles using air brake systems...

It is huge... and it is heavy when compared to a conventional rotor and caliper... It uses AIR pressure acting on a flexible diaphram... NOT HYDRAULIC FLUID!!!!

The weight savings mentioned are for a comercial truck... air operated drum brake system including the axle mounted actuators and the redundant parking brake components.... this is a whole lot of huge hardware that has absolutely no relation to what we use on modern sports cars.....

I mean really.... am I the only one who acually read this...or did they change the product and the website just now.

I mean really.... am I the only one who acually read this...or did they change the product and the website just now.

They use to sponsor a 911 in the american LeMans series many years ago. I heard alot of news about how well their systems performed on the 911 and then it was gone... guess they found a market to concentrate on.

hmmpf. ?/?

Also, their press releases were last updated in April of 2003... I would wonder if it was even possible to have one made light enough for sport use, not to mention either adapting it to a hydralic system, or converting to full-on air brakes.