HybridZ

airzona z car big piston struts?

yea its basically just a locking nut that you thread back against the threaded sleeve so the strut assembly cant rotate.

the only issue with these is that the damping adjustment knob is buried way up in that sleeve a good 6 inches.. so once its welded to the hub you better have thought of a good way to access it later. im probably gonna epoxy or tack weld a long allen to the knob and drill an access hole through the bottom of the hub so that it just sticks out there with an external knob.

yea its basically just a locking nut that you thread back against the threaded sleeve so the strut assembly cant rotate.

the only issue with these is that the damping adjustment knob is buried way up in that sleeve a good 6 inches.. so once its welded to the hub you better have thought of a good way to access it later. im probably gonna epoxy or tack weld a long allen to the knob and drill an access hole through the bottom of the hub so that it just sticks out there with an external knob.

2fiddy on here used some fuel line and clamped it to the knob and left the end sticking out of the bottom of the strut little. Works pretty good. Just an idea.

dave told me he made like 10 sets of these at first and had them track tested with great results. also said springs are 9" tall which ill have to verify at home, but from what i measured on my car is just right for a 17" rear wheel and tire to clear, vertically.

• 4 years later...

Doesn't look like anyone ever discovered what the actual strut model is?

I have a couple of other questions.

How is the shock held in the strut tube?

If the strut ever goes bad and the manufacturer quits making them, could you use a different strut?

I am thinking of these just because the installation is easier than sectioning struts. I'm worried if I section my own struts they won't be straight or the right length or something else. With the AZ kit that doesn't seem to be an issue. Am I right about that?