HybridZ

Vote for powerplant for possible new build!

dr_hunt

What powerplant would you like to see in a future build?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What powerplant would you like to see in a future build?

Just as it says, post your vote, this is not secret. Voice your opinion, and keep it sane. We need dependable high level power.

Just trying to get a feel for what the masses want to see and what the collaborative effort can do if done right in a hybridz group effort build for a house car.

Thanks,

Doc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go then,

(1) How about a Big inch V8, I like the Cadillac 500" due to it can be built to produce 500+HP & 600+TQ on pump gas and weigh in at around 500lbs. (Voted "other not on list")

(2) TKO 600 face-plated, cryoed gears with a Lakewood bellhousing.

(3) Winters Quick Change solid axle, as much as I like a IRS, a properly setup live axle can handle as well and won't break.

I'm thinking of a Z what does everything well, street, strip, autocross, roadrace, not necessarily for fastest or quickest, but overall kicks A$$!!!

Mark

+1 for SBC. For a car that needs to be able to do everything rerasonably well, it's the most logical compromise of weight (and weight distribution), power, and cost. You could even build two motors for it for about the price of one RB series engine. Have a 383 or 400 with Auto for drag racing, and a 327 coupled to a T56 or TKO for road racing. Maybe a compromise of a 350 or 383 with a 700R4 for both road and drag?

If not the SBC, then definitely the Falconer V12. Maybe we should contact him about a sponsorship :)

Mike

I voted SBC but would like to qualify that it should be an LSx version rather than the traditional iron block. It would give the best combination of power, weight distribution, upgradability and is a known swap.

Had more specific goals been stated then I may have voted differently but the LSx package with either a T56 or auto makes for a very versatile car.

Wheelman

i like the idea of a rb30de block with a rb26dett head. A hybrid of two engines used to make a hybrid z. Sounds good to me. I am not against the idea of a sbc, but given the choice for my personal car, i would go for rb30det. And it would definately be different.

Something different.

Buick V-6 SII N/A with 250-shot. 750RWHP @ 8500 and that HP level will barely get that engines attention. Throw a Glide behind it, slam it up against the firewall and watch people giggle when you pop the hood then scratch their heads when it goes low-8s (assumes 2500#) and you put air in the ET Streets and drive it home. Since you are not going to turbo it, it should be much cheaper & stronger than a SBC at that power level.