HybridZ

Here's how I'm going to paint my Z

Austin240Z

Yeah, exactly. I was really dissapointed with it. It doesn't even have a color wheel, its all pre-selected colors, which is rediculous. and no alphabet, yeah, that is laughable. Hopefully they will realize that more people like do do custom graphics on their cars than they thought and make a serious editor in Forza 2.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the vinyl sticker on the side of my car and it's been fine for the last couple of years. Best part is you can put it on yourself and easy to remove if you get sick of it without damaging existing paint.

Rear-end-with-new-airdam.jpg

I have to say, your car is sexy as hell

Maybe I am nuts...

I am considering paiting my Z a real nice desert tan color with blackout trim. I don't see a lot of cars this color.

Stealthy here in Phoenix too...

But I need a way to mock it up and see what it will look like.

Does anyone have an outline image of the 240 I can modify in photoshop?

Tj

originally posted by:Durag

Does anyone have an outline image of the 240 I can modify in photoshop?

there was some fun stuff happening on this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111961&highlight=s30

and also this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112218&highlight=s30

where you might find some good outline drawings you could use.

I wonder whether the original model was intended for an RHD audience? I'd be inclined to put the stripe on the driver's side. Don't think it would matter if the lettering went front-to-back instead of back-to-front.

Just like belly buttons, everyone's got an opinion, and they're all worth exactly what they cost you. :wink:

Thanks guys. A little tip, I bought some book covering adhesive in black that we call "contact" here in Oz for about $2.00. My plan was to make up these mock stripes just to get an idea before I buy the "good" stuff. Funny thing is I applied that material and it has'nt aged or come off when washing the car and I've used high pressure washers at the local car wash. Admitedly its not an every day driver but still for $2.00 you can't go wrong. I tried peeling a section off once being curious as to the condition of paint underneath and it was fine so I kept the stickers on!

The next problem was getting those FairladyZ badges, luckily a freind had some steel ones, so I got him to make up a mould and he made some out of plastic resin and made the badges at home which I later painted up with model paint! Amazing what you can acheive by just using a bit of lateral thought when it comes to Z cars!:-D

normal_badges%20blank.jpg

normal_painted%20badges.jpg

sulio i was just about to pm you to ask where you got the vinyl from, so its good to know its just contact! i was thinking of using some contact to make some stickers on my windscreen.

was it hard to stick them on straight? from the few times i contacted books i seem to remember it being stretchy? or mayb i'm thinking of something else? either way you could get a fair few attempts out of one roll huh!

Mason, the fella that made them is selling the occasional set but I have'nt got the patience to paint up any more sets.

Hi Evan, yer just find some matt coloured black contact and use a steel ruler if you want to cut stripes. But if you want to cut out letters then cut out the contact sheets to A4 size and find the font you want to use on any word processor you use and invert the font to print backwards so you can print out what ever you would like on the reverse side of the contact. Once you've done that just cut out what you have printed and it will look very proffesional. So you could have say DATSUN across your front windscreen!?

Sulio

i was thinking of making a "rusty" sticker for across the back, and the "r" in the rear quater windows, just in black against my tinted windows so its only just visible, but now that i've bogged up most of the rust the theme doesn't suit it as well! hehe

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I saw it the other day, I didnt like the white either... and it's a little too orange for my taste.

I still want to go with the stripes though, I know they've been done before, but they're still pretty uncomon and i love how it looks