HybridZ

Looking to Fab some Roung tail lights

240ZR

Karl1.jpgsaw a pic of a the concept 240z, and it has some NICE round Cobalt looking lights so, I was wondering anyone tried fabing some round lights on the rear of a 240????? Anyone know where i start with this kind of project? Can i just find some lights i like center and mount then get a shop to fab me a new rear panel to fit them?

hmm. those look sorta cheapo depot, but it could probably be done with nicer products than trailer lights. Go for it. I saw some thread where a guy took Skyline lights and made up his own housing for them, it looked pretty badass, as far as the lights go. I'd do something like this myself, but when I bought my car it already had custom light thingies that don't look too bad.

Guest IneedaZ

There used to be a kit available that replaced the entire back panel and utilized Corvette lights. I believe Hot Rod Magazine used it for "Project 240Z/28". (5/85-9/85)

Also, whats up with the skyline light craze? I think they only look good on a skyline, but apparently people think they look cool on accords, eclipses (they look absolutely HIDEOUS on an eclipse), etc.

I'm talking about actual skyline taillights, not the ones that are similar. I think it's a product of the JDM craze (everyone knows one of these people, too....the JDM version is better, doesn't matter what it is, it's better cuz it's JDM.) I know a couple people who watch nothing but JDM anime (with no subtitles) wear JDM sneakers, and are looking for JDM parts for thier mustang. (because everyone knows that anything sold in Japan, even if it's a Ford, is better than a Ford sold here.)

Ahh...the JDM craze...good for a laugh.

I really love it when I try to explain to people that a Jap VG30DET from a fairlady is the same as a USDM 300ZXTT VG30DETT, (they're both built in japan and any difference is likely engine management) and they don't believe me. "NO! It's got better parts inside!" SO I ask "like what" and they say "I dunno, but it has to because its the JDM motor."

Hilarious.

I can understand if the JDM motor is something you can't get here, like an SR20DET but a VG30DE for cryin out loud? Something has to be done about this JDM complex.

Guest 280ZForce

a little something I made up...I bought the sheet metal panel that someone made as a project, then didn't finish it, but then I found some LED trailer lights and some nice trim rings w/ eye lids to spruce things up a bit.

Just click the thumbnails to enlarge the pics...

th_IMG_0023.jpgth_IMG_0025.jpgth_IMG_0028.jpgth_IMG_0076a.jpgth_IMG_0029.jpgth_IMG_0077a.jpgth_IMG_0371.jpgth_IMG_0092a.jpg

• 7 months later...

Here's the round lites on a project car that I bought....looks kinda gay if you ask me. I like the options posted above much better. Maybe once I lose the disneyland bumper and the motorcycle exhaust stinger, it will look a bit better. The previous owner apparently didn't have the foresight to use a welder and sheet metal, so there is a 2 inch thick block of bondo across the whole back of the car. Mine appear to be trailer lights

th_ebay050.jpg