HybridZ

I need some help on a few ideas.

Hodo

Ok I am new to this forum to some degree. I have read this forum for about a year or so just never bothered to signup or post. But my question is I have a 95 300ZX AT NA I am thinking about doing a engine swap on. But I am haveing some difficulty finding a decent engine. I am looking to most likely do a VH45DE swap and maybe if budget alows TT it. But I am not sure how much more work that would be seeing as I cant find any decent pics of the underside of the VH45DE. I have already decided that the stock intake manifold plenum has to go. I cant have that monster ruining the lines of the Z32. So I will probly have a shop near where I am at do some fab work.

Can someone be so kind as to give me a realistic price est. on engine w/ECU and harness. And will the stock engine mount locations work, also can the the stock NA Zs AT work with it, with adapter plate I am sure.

Thanks for the help.

Eric

• 2 months later...
also can the the stock NA Zs AT work with it, with adapter plate I am sure.

I would use either the stock Q45 auto tranny (but with at least an upgraded cooler or better yet a performace build) or a TT tranny with the Q bell housing and same upgrades (TT auto tranny and Q auto tranny are the same). The n/a auto tranny likely won't take the power of the VH45. Nissan felt it wasn't strong enough for the VG30DETT and the VH45 makes even more power than that stock for stock.