HybridZ

Road Trip!!!!!!

jt1

Well I'm hooked up and ready to go. I called the guy to see if we were still on' date=' and got his hot-sounding wife instead. She said her husband was out in the yard talking to somebody about the car. I said "What's he look like?"

She replied "Tall and good looking. He must work for some hybrid car company cause that's whats on his shirt."

%#@&*&%$#@!!!!!!

jt[/quote']

I've bought the car' date=' the wife is hot however she is in desperate need of a new pair of glasses.

:lmao:[/quote']

You people are killing me :D

Interesting trip. Got back Fri evening about 11pm, tired and ready for bed, 1492 miles in the rear view.

The car's good and so-so. Paint job is a 20 footer, sandblasted in front with some chips, and a few peeling spots in the clear coat. It looked silver in the pics, but is actually a silver with a brownish/greenish tint depending on the light. LF fender has been replaced at some point, but I couldn't find any damage to the chassis. Car is straight, and has no rust or frame damage at all. I crawled around under it for over an hour. Interior is pretty good except for some dash cracks and soso seat covers. The car was imported into CA, spent a number of years in AZ before coming to Florida. It has a big file of reciepts for work that's been done.

Hot sounding wife is actually totally HOT. Turns out this is her car, she does DE events and a few club races, and drives it around on pretty days. She's got a new 996 twin turbo in the garage. Husband is a banker who thinks cars are just to get where you're going.

Mechanically I was impressed. Engine, trans, and clutch were freshened last year, upgraded turbo and cams. Suspension has poly bushings, bilstein shocks, upgraded torsion bars, adjustable sway bars, and cooling ducts for the brakes. It drives great and has decent power. Not power like a V8Z, but decent. 12" straight pipe on the turbo is a little loud but not bad.

We stuck a tag on it and drove it around a little this afternoon. Gail loves it and says she wants to do some DE events in it.

This may get interesting!

John

Thanks Mark. We'll see if she wants to track it. She did an event in my car back in 03 I think, doing quite well but hasn't been back. She drives like a maniac all the time anyway.

John, thanks also. No danger of me selling the white V8Z, it's too good a time. I've got a 71 vintage Z, one of the factory sponsored resto specials, that I'm going to sell. It's perfect, and a collector needs it, not me. I want to see how long a black mark it will leave on the road, probably not very long.

jt

John, Keep Mark away from your wife... We know his track record! :lmao:

Congrats on the find... Yesterday I drove from my home in Va. to CMP to meet a kid and buy a motorcycle... 915 miles round trip... Man that place is in the middle of NOWHERE!!! :shock:

Mike :cool: