HybridZ

Hybrid Z Car Sponsorship?

Twoeightnine

Not a bad stable mister.

Perhaps some drift mentoring and a different set up, ie. lower, and you could pull it off. Got a decent start.

When you know which way you are going to turn...contact me. I am allway interested in helping out.

Have you been following the 240drift threads?

Supposedly...a spare none Z is being prepared for drift comp.

Could get some info from him. As always.....search, but i think his posts are recent so you might hit the "post in the past 24 hours".

If you have already been there...my bad.

Start a drift thread!! Lot of smart fellows here!!

Good luck,

Thanks.

The CRX will be lighter than most CRX's, stock engine that I just rebuild, with a TD04 14B or a T25, full suspension on it...ie...Tokico Illumina's, rear coil-overs, 450lb springs. The only heavy thing I'm adding is the turbo, and everything else is stock...or JDM aftermarket on the body and appearance. Phantom grip LSD, lightened flywheel, ACT heavy duty clutch...blah blah blah...but the wheels and tires are the killer. 13x5.5 Mugen CF-48's, 11 lbs each and fully functional in the brake cooling department....Aluminum, aborbs heat, they have the aero covers to vent the heat out, and the fins are just like the temp dispersing fins on the fan clutches...prolly the best wheel ever made. And the tires are Advan A008's, full race slicks, and I have a pair of Hoosiers too go one when two of the advans wear down, and another full set of Advan A048's for back-ups...I just need to pull the trany from the parts civic, swap out the LSD, and pop it on the engine I built and lower it into the car and hook it up...then put all the other parts I collected for the build over the years....but bad back is stopping me.

The red 260Z has gone thru many builds already...but as it sit's, it's currenty at the stage of just body and tuning. Nismo 2 way 4.11 R180 LSD, F54/P90 freshly rebuilt, with about 1300 miles on it, 5 speed swap, solid diff mount, all the bushings on the car has been replaced except for the front lower control arms and the steering bushing, Tokico Illumina's, Tokico Springs, 280Z front tubes and knuckels, P&P head, ported out the N47 intake, some unknown headers, 240SX TB adapter, 240SX TB, AFM adjusted a few clicks, some Ebay cheap-o FPR, new injectors, cold air intake, 2.5" strait exhaust to a turbo II muffler, some race seats and harness's, and a full list of other mods thats been done to the car. It does need a drop, and a tighter suspension, some quik steer arms, a little more pep to get on the track, and I need to learn to let off the throttle earlier....plus not having a full constant supply of tires of the same brand and grip throws the car off for me when I do play with it.

The white Z...well, if Chris Holmes chimes in, he could give you more details than me, or the other guys who've seen or helped with it.

My company went thru a 6 week strike this year, so that sucked up all my playing money, and I've only done one event this year...it was fun, and the car is completely different than the last build I did....and it will only get worse if I continue to buld it without testing each mod. My downfall is, I can't play on streets like the other drifters do, I work during the time the parking lots are empty or the cops are sleeping...but, I also don't have the balls to take the car anywhere and play with it in any illegal manner...I've gone thru a DUI 7 years ago, and I"ve kept my record clean since then...I only play on the track, and most of the times, to just get practice...those tracks are hundreds of miles away. So I have to have money for hotels, fee's, emergancy tows, food, and parts that might break. I live in CT, and the farthest event I've done was in Pits PA, but that was when I built up an AE86....

Since its fairly obvious we cant have just one hybridz why not allow location based cars like say have a few for california texas etc this way if you want to help with it people are in reach it also allows anyone to help and the cars will have there own flair to them

Offtopic: How rare is white interior?

Must....resist...urge....to.....post....about....my.....1977 with white interior! aaaggghhh, I couldn't help it, the lure of the thread jack was too much! Quick, think of something to make it seem like I'm still on the right subject....Uh, I would like to see the Florida Hybridz car end up with white interior (dang, I blew it...) I mean, it would be really helpful if these cars were more accessible to everyone, so the more locations, the better as far as I'm concerned. I think whatever happens, there shouldn't be ONE almighty team car, but several to represent the regional diversity.

One, two, drag, cone shagger, the more the merrier.

The topic is whether we should allow Hybrid Z sponsorship. And for me, the big question that I have not seen touched is....how? Guidelines.

Rules. Operating standards.

The how, not the who.

The how will help define the who.......

So far, a lot of the usual suspects have been chiming it, but I think maybe we should hear an official opinion from the administration on what it would take for this to work. How much would it cost hybridz to sponsor cars? Would hybridz buy the cars/parts/services, and entrust the build to members, or take over someone's existing build, or just issue "x" amount of dollars one time like a college grant? Would the sponsorship dollars be performance based (winning cars at whatever event get a bonus?) Aside from the cost of initial build up, assuming a from-scratch approach, there would be the annual/seasonal costs of maintenance, entry fees for events, and so forth. How would those costs trickle down to the members? Surely it would entail some kind of dues from the members. How badly does Hybridz.org want to sponsor cars? DOES hybridz.org want to sponsor cars, or is everybody just flapping their gums for nothing?

Some good points and questions veritech-z.

Sponsorship is and should be a voluntary activity. I trust that with respect to Hybrid Z, any "house" car has to serve the purpose of positive image reinforcement. Trust driven thumbs up from the admin staff will have its own inherent person filter built in. The type of car/cars is not the issue. It's a do or dont situation as far as supporting what ever project/s get a nod. im sure one thing we can all agree on is that it has to enhance the Z car and the community of Hybrid Z. Other wise....why?

What ever shakes out of the deal, if I think it will serve the purpose as discribed above, it will have my support.

HybridZ itself (the "entity" known as HybridZ) has no spare change. All the money it receives from the members goes into deferring the costs Dan bears - hardware, software, bandwidth, etc. So when you guys say, "HybridZ should sponsor X", what HybridZ are you referring to?

1. The entity known as HybridZ.

2. The Administrative staff of the entity known as HybridZ.

3. SuperDan.

4. The community of members gathered at a web site with the URL: http://www.hybridz.org

5. something else...

That's pretty much what I was getting at, too. As a free forum, I was pretty sure that there was no revenue being made to support much beyond the general maintenance of this website. So the real question now becomes: Who wants to be the Hybridz treasurer, and who wants to be the tax collector? There's no cache of cash (how clever was THAT?! Anybody? sigh...) as of now, so it would be up to one of us to go marry an aging billionaire, pretend to like "keeping him happy" until he kicked the bucket, and then decide how to distribute these funds to racing teams all over the world. Guess we'll have to draw straws to see who gets to "take one for the team..."

Well, an idea that comes to mind...is to see if the the guys on HybridZ can get in touch with companies that have Z parts they fabbed or sell, and see if they could go out on a limb and get some of their parts to said teams of builders for said sponsored cars...at a fee that the building teams can afford, and in return...the said companies can design, do the graphics to promote their parts, logo's splatered on the team cars for the amount of space possible for the amount of parts supplied...along with HybridZ logo's, and if some members here had hook-up to get tires, other parts, paint, and if they can throw some shop time into the cars... I could see it. 2-3 cars in Cali, a few cars on the East-coast, and random builds in the mid-west. If applicants can show what they have, what they want to do, type up a proposal to be posted in a section of the forums, and if the locals to them can contribute or help, then their builds will be ready on time for the next season of motorsports. All the cars, can prolly be painted the same scheme, same color, and look the same from 100 feet away...since most magazine articals have pics from a distance....it would look like one car is dominating all the motorsports venues. A few for drift, a few for Autocross, some for road-racing....it could be awesome. Of course...it's just an idea. But if one car lands up on a magazine cover, then the companies that have donated or reduced their prices on their parts for the HybridZ builders group, they will get their logo's seen country wide. The more their name is seen, then the more hits their webpage will get. and they get decent advertising. But then again...thats basically how sponsorship works...

A damn good example is Team Falken, a drifting team, using various cars, and the other sponsors they have for the Drifting Alliance guys is insane...but those guys have done a lot of work on their own, and they work their butts off...and it shows when they pull up with a huge truck with their cars in it, and all the tires they are going to blow-up...it's awesome. They have perfected the drifting showmanship, and their sponsors are very happy. They have their own DVD out now, and you can't pick up a single car magazine and not find them in there somewhere. Plus when JR won the D1 championship against the Japanese drifters...with a new Mustang...it made magazines and video's world wide. What Falken tire did, was smart...they got the right guys to tear up their tires, and now their tires are hunted down by other drifters...pro and non-pro alike.

Also, since the resent movies for drifting, the recent web-page explosion for drift, and just the damn popularity of the sport alone....the market for the cars that are normally used for drifting ( which normally are $500 cars ) are now being sold all the time for 5 times more than what they are worth. Rich kids will buy anything...even if they don't use it...but just having it is a new poser status. Granted...Z's can't drift good...at least the one I have...but for other motorsports...they kick ass, and they have a new street appeal since the old school imports scene is getting popular again. We all know it when we take our cars out on the road...eveyone you pass or drive next too will give a smile and sometimes a thumbs up.....so we already know our cars are hot...

and any Japanese car has been steriotyped as rice since they came to America...the later rice calling was just lately with the fresher import boom. But we take pride in our old Japanese car...so what happens when rice get's old...it turns into sake sometimes....rice wine. So if we're show or go, it's still an old Japanese car, it's hot, and sexy....just like wine. So lets get HybridZ's Team Sake rolling.......

HybridZ itself (the "entity" known as HybridZ) has no spare change. All the money it receives from the members goes into deferring the costs Dan bears - hardware' date=' software, bandwidth, etc. So when you guys say, "HybridZ should sponsor X", what HybridZ are you referring to?

1. The entity known as HybridZ.

2. The Administrative staff of the entity known as HybridZ.

3. SuperDan.

4. The community of members gathered at a web site with the URL: http://www.hybridz.org

5. something else...

Remix...

Number four. With the blessing of number three. Under the ever watchful eyes of number two.

If hybridz is interested in sponsering a drift car, I will be running national pro events, demos, major car shows, regional drift events,as well as judging u.s.drift amature events, and instructing u.s.drift's drift101 school .some of the events would be televised.... we do demos for mid-ohio, we just did one before the american lemans race, and grand am cup race..drifting is getting alot of noteriaty lately expecially among the young croud..

If anyone is interested i can send them some info on our "U.S.DRIFT / OUTBRAKE MOTORSPORTS drift team crew and driver.. THIS CAR WILL GET EXPOSURE.

Derrick

U.S.DRIFT MIDWEST.

One aspect of this that has just barely been scratched is the financial accountability of the managing director(s), whoever they may be.

My feeling, based on some personal experience, is that to do this right and avoid all kinds of potential liabilities for SuperDan (as the "owner" of the hybridz website) and the admins a corporation or LLC should be formed to act as the sponsoring entity. This means a board of directors, financial accounting, tax reporting (even for a non-profit) and reports to all interested parties (share holders) of how all funds were dispersed.

Not to be a wet blanket but this could be a lot of work for a group of people that may or may not ever be compensated for it. I'm sure we'll all volunteer the current site admins because of the great job they do with our online home but do they have the time to spare or desire to run a non-profit company for the sole purpose of providing sponsorship.

The one idea I feel comfortable with is that as individual members we can choose to contact any of the builders (basically all of us) and offer help of some kind, be it cash, parts or labor. Any other form of sponsorship invites to much contention for the site and/or libility for the site owner(s).

Wheelman

Dan is his own corporation, a one man band, just ask his wife, he even sleeps alone most of the time!

Dan and money go together like oil and water, he actually never touches money because he's married. If you are married you'll understand, if not, don't bother cause you'll never understand.

If we had Dan's money, we could throw ours away collectively, all $0.37 worth.

My boy really doesn't want another hybridz build cause if I build the engine and car it's likely to be faster than his and that doesn't sit well with him. LOL