HybridZ

Carbon fiber 280zx hood?

CORPCRIM

I'm ready to pony up for the down payment.

What kind of time frame could we be on? I personally am not in a hurry but, would like to jump on this if possible.

I would like the FG hood with the layer of CF ontop.

So who can get John a perfect hood?

Who lives closest?

If we did a group buy maybe the rest of us could pay a little bit more to help compensate the guy that gets John an acceptable hood so he could make a mold.

Or maybe it would be best just to have one shipped to him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Lets see if we can get this ball rolling.

I will start a thread in the Vendor's forum once I talk with my composites guy. I need to get a mold build schedule from him and from that I can project a mold completion/hood build schedule. Tony D is rumored to have a few perfect 280ZX hoods. I'll contact him and see what he has. Thanks for the interest guys.

Regarding the Turbo hood scoop, I don't plan on building that into the hood mold. As Nissan did, its something that the buyer can add themselves by cutting a hole and bonding a stock part in place.

I will start a thread in the Vendor's forum once I talk with my composites guy. I need to get a mold build schedule from him and from that I can project a mold completion/hood build schedule. Tony D is rumored to have a few perfect 280ZX hoods. I'll contact him and see what he has. Thanks for the interest guys.

Regarding the Turbo hood scoop' date=' I don't plan on building that into the hood mold. As Nissan did, its something that the buyer can add themselves by cutting a hole and bonding a stock part in place.[/quote']

Good man !! can you keep me updated by mail ?

BTW look at my project sneak preview your hood works wonders ;)

• 13 years later...