HybridZ

Buying New Turbo Web Cam Need Some Input

Ivan280zt

ok thanks for the input. i was just hesitant for a cam company to tell me what kinda cam to get, i have heard multple cases where people were "under-sold" (the cam was not big enough for thier liking), for example the MSA cams. i was trying to get some ballpark figures from people who actually have the .480-.510 lifts and see how they like it.

rztmartini,

If you are looking for afthermarket cam then by any means deal with the company that makes the cam not the company that sells it. There is no reason to go with cam like mine if you are using s/c with low boost you will never push amount of the air to use it to its potential. Only reason why I chose to go with .510 lift is because my turbo is fairly large, I have extensive head work that can actually suport that big of the cam (flowbenched) and finally I will run over 30psi of boost.

Web Cam? BAH! I drove past their building returning the U-Haul auto transport today, I was wondering if they did L-Engine Cams, they are about 5 miles from my house!

I wish JeffP would chime in here, he knows what his stuff is in his car as well. The numbers you are giving are at .050, or gross numbers? His lift is (I think) in the .550"+ area, up from the former .485 on the Elgin Cam.

I'll have to ditto Sporks' comments on Lobe Separation and Lobe Center, they are two different things, and each will affect the engine in a different way.

Opening point on the cam will be different on a cam with an "X" degree lobe center, as opposed to one with a "Y" Center. And like James is saying, the 'separation' between the two lobe centers will affect overlap which gets critical with a turbo engine to prevent reversion.

And yes, seriously, Web Cams is 5 miles from my house, behind the U-Haul Regional Yard off the 60 fwy! LOL

I ran the same WEB cam James Thaggard did in His twin turbo .The car picked up 3 tenths with no other changes with the 114* lobe centered spilt duration .488 lift grind.With the large shot of N20 I was running and even being restricted with a smallish turbo and 2.5" exhaust the car still made 535 to the wheels.With the bigger turbo and larger exhaust and smaller shot of N20 I am hoping the cam comes on to it`s own with the ported head and manifold.Time will tell if this cam is big enough.